PDA

View Full Version : A tricky line with nuts on turn

Tropex
08-16-2005, 12:00 PM
What do you think ?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

The chance of outdrawal is so small, what do you think of this as a play to sometimes do ? It also gives him possibility to get a weaker flush, straight or whatever but betting might scare him off. I wanna hear opinions.

krishanleong
08-16-2005, 12:03 PM
No, it sucks. Mainly because of the missed bets when he was slowplaying 2 pair or a set.

If he is drawing to a straight or flush wouldn't he call a turn bet?

Krishan

CIncyHR
08-16-2005, 12:07 PM
It certainly looks like it worked out for you this time, but I think mroe often than not youll miss bets here unless you have a specific read on this opponent.

JrJordan
08-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Don't like it. If you think he's drawing, then you have to bet this turn to charge him. If you give him a free card and the river misses his draw, he's going to check/fold and you lose out on a bet. If you charge on the turn and he hits on the river, then he'll still give you the same action as if you checked the turn. Easy turn bet.

Petro
08-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Hate it. Someone with a straight or flush draw is going to call mostly likely.

Nobody is going to give you credit for the flush anyway, since you've had your foot on the gas since before the flop.

Sure everyonce in a while, somebody is going to hit a gutshot they would have folded on the turn if give them a card.

But think of all the bets you'll miss when your opponent has a lower flush, a set, or a straight and they would have gone to war with you on the turn.

SteveGriff
08-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Against a douche you'll get away with this but any decent opponent who notices you checking behind on the turn and then raising on the river knows you have a monster.

Steve Griff

Tropex
08-16-2005, 02:57 PM
yea in this particular case he had a made flush already, I fell for this play once done by someone and didn't anticipate the flush on the river when i myself got trips and boom. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

paco
08-16-2005, 03:04 PM
I do this all the time, becasue its so easy to lose him on the turn with a bet. Being outdrawn HU is basically unthinkable (if he had a set you would have known about it on the flop prop with taht board). Your job here is not to lose him and extract the maximum, hope he improves to a second best hand like 2p, set, str, small flush (which he wouldn't fold anyway, granted). NH

Edit: after reading the posts here I will have to try following through on the turn more with this type of hand. What if the board didn't have straight draws though?? I mean, we're HU, the chance that he has a flush draw is almost none--we already know about 5 of the hearts in the deck!?