PDA

View Full Version : Flopping a good draw HU with position.

BigEndian
08-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Might be a little elementary, but it's good to return to basics now and then. I'm curious to see what kind of variety this hand produces.

Situation:

You have A/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif and open limp in MP. It's folded to the BB who raises to 4xBB which is the standard raise for the table. The BB is has a hand range of any PP 55 or better, any two suited broadway cards and any pretty ace. You both have 100BB stacks, you call.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB bets 5BB which is a standard continuation bet for the table.

What is your approach assuming no special reads on your opponent? If you call the flop, what's your plan on a turn blank? If you raise the flop, how much do you raise? If your raise is called, what's your turn plan? Do you smooth call the flop and raise the turn? Is there another line you prefer? What is the reasoning ou have for the line you take?

- Jim

kevkev60614
08-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Good post.

I raise to 20BB to define my hand. If his is a continuation bet, he might fold. If he reraises, I fold, if he calls I'll see the river card for free.