PDA

View Full Version : Resident Experts

The Truth
08-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Who are the boards resident PLO 8/b experts? We have all the mid high stakes limit and NL holdem experts etc. Who on the boards regularly plays high limit PLO 8/b and posts regularly.

I would like someone whose posts I can follow, like I did when I was moving up the limits in hold em.

thanks
truth

Ribbo
08-16-2005, 12:29 PM
They're all idiots.

Apart from me.

Oops, almost forgot the smiley face.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wintermute
08-16-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They're all idiots.

Apart from me.

Oops, almost forgot the smiley face.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OP asked for the high limit PLO8 experts Ribbo.

... wait for it ...

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mxyzptlk
08-16-2005, 01:58 PM
What are you talking about dude? According to Greenstein, you're still a mid-limit player. You can answer those high limit questions when your "big win" days are > $30k.

Wintermute
08-16-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you talking about dude? According to Greenstein, you're still a mid-limit player. You can answer those high limit questions when your "big win" days are > $30k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed his remarks have to be scaled for PLO8... you show me a bigger game than $2k, and I'll admit I'm not a high-limit PLO8 player.

kitaristi0
08-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Do they play O8 in the big game?

Wintermute
08-16-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not PL.

Ribbo
08-16-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not PL.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too English for them

FeliciaLee
08-16-2005, 03:24 PM
From Barry's site:

What is your favorite form of poker?
When we play in the biggest games we usually play a mix of games, eight hands at a time, before moving on to the next game. I like to have as many games in the mix as possible since I am comfortable with all of the games, but some of my opponents are not. The games that make up part of the mix are:

No-limit and-pot limit with $100,000 cap:
(The cap is the maximum amount any player can lose on each hand)

No-limit Deuce-to-Seven single draw
No-limit Hold’em
Pot-limit Omaha
No-Limit Ace-to-Five single draw

http://www.barrygreenstein.com/

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mxyzptlk
08-16-2005, 03:28 PM
My post did not intend to elicit a serious reply.

Wintermute
08-16-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My post did not intend to elicit a serious reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know--I should've put some gay-ass smiley face [censored] in my post.

BTW, what do you think of that book? I thought it pretty much completely sucked (although I did not read any of his strategy stuff at the end).

Wintermute
08-16-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From Barry's site:

What is your favorite form of poker?
When we play in the biggest games we usually play a mix of games, eight hands at a time, before moving on to the next game. I like to have as many games in the mix as possible since I am comfortable with all of the games, but some of my opponents are not. The games that make up part of the mix are:

No-limit and-pot limit with $100,000 cap:
(The cap is the maximum amount any player can lose on each hand)

No-limit Deuce-to-Seven single draw
No-limit Hold’em
Pot-limit Omaha
No-Limit Ace-to-Five single draw

http://www.barrygreenstein.com/

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely they play O8 though at times, right? I'm certain they never play PLO8, but limit O8 I'm sure they play. How the hell could you leave limit O8 out of a mixed game.

FeliciaLee
08-16-2005, 04:11 PM
$4000-$8000 limit games:

Omaha Eight-or-Better
Seven-Stud High
Seven-Stud Eight-or-Better
Deuce-to-Seven Triple Draw
Limit Hold’em

and occasionally Razz

emptyshell
08-16-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to start posting that actually knows how to play PLO8. I'm pretty sure everyone on here is at best a break-even player against decent competition.

gergery
08-16-2005, 07:02 PM
I guess you lost your Heads Up match to Wintermute…. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

emptyshell
08-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Oh, I've won more such match ups than lost (you aren't going to hit runner-runner fullhouses every time, after all). It all serves to prove my point, since I don't know what I'm doing.

Wintermute
08-16-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting for someone to start posting that actually knows how to play PLO8. I'm pretty sure everyone on here is at best a break-even player against decent competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.