PDA

View Full Version : Resident Experts

The Truth
08-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Who are the boards resident PLO experts? We have all the mid high stakes limit and NL holdem experts etc. Who on the boards regularly plays high limit PLO and posts regularly.

I would like someone whose posts I can follow, like I did when I was moving up the limits in hold em.

thanks
truth

Tilt
08-16-2005, 10:18 AM
AcesOver8's

autobet
08-16-2005, 12:07 PM
A lot of the best players have stopped posting. Good luck!

Ribbo
08-16-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the best players have stopped posting. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually because there are pricks like "webmonarch" going around saying stuff like : [ QUOTE ]
Ribbo, I think that you have established yourself as one of the most useless posters on this board. 90% of your posts are five words or less, most either berate the OP or add NOTHING of value to the discussion.

Welcome to my ignore list

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to get help when those that offer good advice are told where to shove it.

DarthIgnurnt
08-16-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AcesOver8's

[/ QUOTE ]

Very few hands posted from 1000/2000 tables, and PLO, even more than Hold'em, changes dramatically as the stakes go up.

Big Dave D
08-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Read the archives and use the search engine, if that's actually working. The best days were very much at the start.

gl

dd

jhall23
08-16-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read the archives and use the search engine, if that's actually working. The best days were very much at the start.

gl

dd

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately the search function doesn't work for PLO in the archives either. Luckily there aren't too many posts of PLO so you can scroll through them pretty easily.

What happened to 'sahaguje'? I was just reading some of the early posts and his/her posts have been great reads. Definetly need to spend more time in the archives.

webmonarch
08-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Take a look around at some of the posts and judge for yourself. I have opinions about certain posters that I think are dead on. Many who might have useful knowledge squander it in a sea of arrogance and rudeness.

Just look at the vast body of posts by each individual and I think you'll see whatn I mean. For my money, fimbulwinter is one of the best posters here. I also think that Rempel plays a very solid game. Good luck.

08-17-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many who might have useful knowledge squander it in a sea of arrogance and rudeness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or it is lost to some in a sea of thin-skinnedness and political correctness.

I try to focus on the substance not the style. Nobody is being paid to post here (except a few pros I suppose), so their thoughts and insights are a privilege not a right. I don't like to add stipulations to those who choose to privilege me with their game knowledge. And if I really can't handle the style, ignoring it tends to keep clutter down rather than make the knowledge that much more difficlut for others to use. Now, ATE makes this approach admittedly challenging. /images/graemlins/smile.gif