PDA

View Full Version : Small Blind Defense. Did I get any of it right?

JTrout
08-16-2005, 09:55 AM
5/10 Party 8 handed. The meal ticket just left the table, and now it's full of TAG.

Hero in Small BLind w/ K /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
folded to Button (TAG, that will raise this spot very thin)who open raises.
Hero 3 bets.
BB (21/12/2) calls! Button calls.

Flop (9sb) comes:
9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks. BB bets. Button folds. Hero calls.

Turn (5.5bb):
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks. Villain bets. Hero raises. Villain re-raises.
Hero calls.

River (9.5bb):
J /images/graemlins/club.gif
check,bet,call.

ack.

ElSapo
08-16-2005, 09:57 AM
I play it the same.

spydog
08-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I would lead the flop if I 3-bet preflop.

What worse hand 3-bets you on this turn? None. You are drawing dead or to 3 outs at best. Fold.

peterchi
08-16-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What worse hand 3-bets you on this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads-up, against a TAG in a blinds defense situation? I think the list is actually decently long.

I'm unhappily calling down. In addition to the fact that your hand MIGHT be good, if you fold this, you make it a lot harder to c/r bluff or semi-bluff in the future.

I think you did it all right except on the flop. Lead the flop, or check-raise.

hicherbie
08-16-2005, 11:34 AM
after 3-betting pf, i would just bet out and call a raise on the flop.

getting 3 bet off of a cr on this turn after 3-betting pf usually means you are beat (or he paired his draw on the turn). with better reads, i probably fold this on the river (the Jc is a bad card for you)...without, i call down like a fish and get a better read.

speirs
08-16-2005, 11:42 AM
I would certainly lead the flop. When raised I'd c/r that turn, when called on the flop lead the turn again. With much resistance on both flop and turn I'd c/c down.