MagnoliasFM
08-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Yeah.

Angelic_Ace
08-16-2005, 09:45 AM
yessirrr

jon462
08-16-2005, 09:47 AM
crap, i was afraid of that... same thing that happenned a few weeks ago, it came back up briefly on one table but not other 3 .. lol /images/graemlins/frown.gif

this is getting to be a regular thing /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tshort
08-16-2005, 09:50 AM
I can login and access tables that I am not actively on. It won't load tables I was playing on, but I can see my sn come up in the righthand box listing table players. I see I'm being blinded away on the bubble in 2 tourneys.

jon462
08-16-2005, 09:53 AM
I hope this doesnt mean some people werent cutoff like last time so empire wont refund /images/graemlins/frown.gif I was lucky to only have one table running last time that happenned, but I heard everyone else complain about it...

tshort
08-16-2005, 09:56 AM
I foresee a problem. I was on the bubble in the 2 tourneys I had left going. My account has been awarded $60, as if I blinded into 3rd place. It seems as though it finished the tournament for the other players.

Has anyone had this situation occur? If so did Party Poker give you your fair shair of the prize pool distribution?

benza13
[ QUOTE ]
I hope this doesnt mean some people werent cutoff like last time so empire wont refund /images/graemlins/frown.gif I was lucky to only have one table running last time that happenned, but I heard everyone else complain about it...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I am afraid of too, didn't affect me last time, but I just had a set of 4 going in which I was running pretty good, and the Empire server page says that everything is still very good.

jon462
Oh what the heck.. empire and PP dont work for me, but multipoker connects just fine /images/graemlins/frown.gif I dont have any money in that account lol.
I keep getting this:

You are seeing this page as your computer is unable to connect to our game servers. This could either be because of your internet connection or our game servers might be facing a problem.

Report from EmpirePoker support staff:

Real Money games status:
Status at 16-08-2005 09:40:01 EST: Very Good

Play Money games status:
Status at 16-08-2005 09:54:01 EST: Very Good

Legend

Very Good: The health of our services is very good. No widespread problems have been detected or reported. The reason you could have come to this page could be due to some problems at your end.
Good: The health of our services is good. No widespread problems have been detected or reported. The reason you could have come to this page could be due to some problems at your end.
Fair: We are facing technical difficulties with some of our services. Some players will be affected, others may not be.
Poor: We are facing technical difficulties with our services. Most players will be affected.
Bad: We are facing technical difficulties with our services. Almost everyone will be affected.

It's our constant endeavor to ensure that the connection we offer to our players is the best available on the internet.

Please contact us at info@empirepoker.com for any further assistance.

you lying crapsacks.. haha

jon462
08-16-2005, 10:01 AM
most of the time when the server crashes it crashes for everybody in all tournies... so for sngs they just divide up the money evenly among everyone left and refund the rake (so if 5 left in a 20 everyone gets 42 bucks).. which sucks if you are largestack but is good if you are shortstack i guess.. but apparently last time this happenned it crashed for some people (mostly multitablers) and not others.. so empire\PP claimed the tourney went on as planned and didnt refund.

Angelic_Ace
08-16-2005, 10:03 AM
I finally came back in my tourney, whittled down to 295 chips .. UGH

There are 5 left, what should I do?

benza13
08-16-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I finally came back in my tourney, whittled down to 295 chips .. UGH

There are 5 left, what should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened in 2 of mine, the other 2 never popped back up, including the one that I was chip leader in, wtf...

jon462
08-16-2005, 10:18 AM
you were somehow knocked out of those 2..

i had 3 up (i think i managed to quit the 4th before the crash).. i somehow managed to get 3rd in 2 of them, including one i was down to 10 chips 5 handed... the other i built up my stack to 2k after the crash but still bubbled 4th, but im gonna demand the 55 back heh.. (dont guess i can for other 2 since i monied in them)

otctrader
08-16-2005, 10:22 AM
I don't believe these idiots, everything goes down for 20 minutes and then they arbitrarily restart the games with half the tables away. One of my four apparently ran right through the disconnect for an auto-blindoff.

tshort
08-16-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm talking to Party Poker customer service and they are refusing to refund the buy-ins (2). They claim it was a problem with my internet connection, as both tournaments finished.

Where are you guys located? I'm in midwest.

45suited
08-16-2005, 10:43 AM
PP did not go down for everybody. I just had the two easiest ITMs ever. There was only one player other than myself who was connected.

Until I figured out what was going on, I was starting to think that the play had really tightened up on PP. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tshort
08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
After [censored] at them for long enough, I talked to someone who said the technical team is investigating the problem. If they find there were connection problems, they said they will compensate me for the tournaments. I'm supposed to call them in 5-6 hours to check.

jon462
08-16-2005, 10:59 AM
im in the southwest (Texas).. I cant even get empire to reply to my email.. haha.

brimstone1
08-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Is it back to normal? I just sat down for my evening session and saw this thread :O

tshort
08-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes, it's fine. Some people were disconnected, not all. It was very brief.

Nicok7
08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Not likely to be connection problems: multipoker was down for a bit here in the uk.

tshort
08-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Since you brought it back up...

I was in 2 tourneys when I was disconnected. Both tournies finished without me being able to access them. I was on the bubble in both when disconnected, but ended up taking 3rd in one.

It took me about 15 minutes on the phone, but they refunded my buy-in for the tournament I busted out of. It showed up in my account as a "Goodwill Gusture" (Yes, Spelled that way).

bjb23
08-16-2005, 04:14 PM
this made me laugh hysterically. "goodwill gusture"??? gotta love it.

Angelic_Ace
08-18-2005, 07:24 PM
What number did you call? They have not replied to my emails about this for 2 days. This customer service is really awful... I get totally blinded away in a couple tournies due to this crap and not even a recognition of my email for 2+ days???

tshort
08-18-2005, 08:01 PM
1-800-852-4719

Call 1: Customer service rep claimed they were having no problems with their server and it was my internet connection, therefore, they couldn't refund me because my tournaments finished. I explained to him that when I was disconnected from Party Poker I pinged my ISP and various websites to makes ure it wasn't my ISP. He still took a stance that they can't refund me. I explained that I posted to an internet forum and about 8 players said they were having problems at the same time. He tried to tell me it was coincedence. I told him a donkey could realize that coincedence couldn't explain that. I then asked him if there was anyone I could talk to who had any idea what they were talking about because I don't pay thousands of dollars in tournament fees to get crappy service.

Call 2: Transfered to "Supervisor." I give brief explanation to supervisor. He says he will talk to the technicians and to call back in 5-6 hours after he can determine the problem.

Call 3: Explain problem to whoever answered. I gave him the tournament numbers. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes. I said I would accept the money for the 3rd place I sucked out in one of my two tournaments (although I would have taken 2nd or higher). He said he would replace the buyin for the other tournament.

PM if you have any other questions.

Travis