PDA

View Full Version : 67s - Preflop descision.

JoshuaD
08-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Readless, this is my first orbit.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero ??

krishanleong
08-16-2005, 09:31 AM
call. Think about the odds.

Krishan

danzasmack
08-16-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cap. Think about the odds.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

MAxx
08-16-2005, 09:37 AM
You are getting 6:1. You are 5:1 to flop an OPESD or a flush draw. Call this.

spydog
08-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Call.

Capping is do-able. It might be getting capped anyway, plus it might buy you a 4-card flop.

SteveGriff
08-16-2005, 09:38 AM
You're getting nice odds to hit something on the flop. Call and good luck

Steve Griff

DMBFan23
08-16-2005, 09:40 AM
the nice part about this hand is that you're probably not dominated, so if you flop trips you can feel pretty good about it. also you're suited. I'd be mucking hands like AJo and KQo here

Vaftrudner
08-16-2005, 09:42 AM
As the others say, you must call, so you might as well cap, just for the fun of it. The flop will most certainly be something like Ad Kh and Js and they will then all fold to your bet... /images/graemlins/wink.gif /v

JoshuaD
08-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Ah, everyone's misunderstanding my question, I should have been more clear.

The descision that I'm between is calling and capping. I can see good reasons to do both, but I can't figure out which is better. Which do you prefer and why?

danzasmack
08-16-2005, 09:49 AM
I cap. It puts more in the pot. You then have odds for anything. Plus, when you first sit down limp - cap may scare a few people, and may even get you a turn for 1 bet on the flop.

+ if the flop is 3 big red cards you can just throw it away. The post flop decisions with this hand are pretty simple.

spydog
08-16-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah, everyone's misunderstanding my question, I should have been more clear.

The descision that I'm between is calling and capping. I can see good reasons to do both, but I can't figure out which is better. Which do you prefer and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling will allow you to extract more from a big PP if you hit your straight or flush, whereas capping may start to slow down the action, reducing your payoff if you hit. While capping might buy you a 4-card flop, I think you gain more by stealthing your hand by calling.

Oh, and I was pretty sure your original post was questioning whether or not to call/cap.

Stack
08-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Good insight Spydog.

Since we'll be needing a fourth card cheaply WAY more ofen than we'll be worried about extracting extra bets from pocket pairs, isn't it better to cap?

DMBFan23
08-16-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we'll be needing a fourth card cheaply WAY more ofen than we'll be worried about extracting extra bets from pocket pairs

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but the frequency is one thing to consider, the magnitude of the bets gained/saved is another. this would be a very interesting simulation IMO.

spydog
08-16-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good insight Spydog.

Since we'll be needing a fourth card cheaply WAY more ofen than we'll be worried about extracting extra bets from pocket pairs, isn't it better to cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but capping doesn't mean they will check to us on the flop, it just means that they might. Based on the preflop action I think you might have a 35% chance of getting checked to on the flop if you cap.

krishanleong
08-16-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good insight Spydog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but capping doesn't mean they will check to us on the flop, it just means that they might. Based on the preflop action I think you might have a 35% chance of getting checked to on the flop if you cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say less. Capping here is [censored] and will be completely ignored by anyone with a hand on the flop. Also you only want a free card 1/5 of the time. The majority of the time you just want to fold.

Krishan

RunDownHouse
08-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Capping just screams out "I have a drawing hand!" Nobody with a real hand is going to be scared of a limp/cap like this.

Danenania
08-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Anyone raise PF here the first time?

MAxx
08-16-2005, 11:06 AM
I prefer a call. It probably depends on the quality/ caliber of you your oponents.

From a hand reading perspective, your play can only be speculative or a misclick. It doesnt make any sense to limp/cap with a real hand as you would have raised from the button with real hands on your initial action. Not sure if the people at your table are capable of seeing that or not... but a good player will bet into you when connecting on the flop as well as one of those other players raising with premium hands such as AA pf, as well as potential other things.

That said, I see the idea behind the cap... but I am not really all that sure how often you get a 4th card for "free". Certainly some of those times you get a free card with the 76s, you won't even really be that interested in it when you totally miss the flop.

Capping isnt horrible, IMO. Hard to say for sure on avg what is more EV+. Your capping action... could have a variety of effects ranging from getting more money in the pot and free cards to killing action when you want it or getting unecessary free cards, etc.

As long as you are not folding pf here, we do not have a serious problem.

krishanleong
08-16-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone raise PF here the first time?

[/ QUOTE ]

not me.

Krishan