PDA

View Full Version : Some nice mlb value today I think

whipsaw
08-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Texas at +126 (Pinny). You get the wood and Rogers on the road? Sounds good to me. Sabathia hasn't been pitching well at home all year, with a nice 1-5 record and an ERA almost a full point higher than his overall ERA. Rogers dominated the Indians the only time he's faced them this season. This looks like a good game to end the Texas freefall.

D-Rays at +210 (Pinny). Fade the Yanks is usually enough to say. Randy has not been pitching well, and has gotten seriously roughed up both times against the Rays this season. Waechter has beaten NYY already this season (with the help of 11 runs by his team). Surely TB wins this often enough to make the play profitable.

If anyone's looking for a favorite, I think the Marlins at -150ish has some value. Vargas is nice. Lawrence sucks on the road.

chiachu
08-16-2005, 12:37 PM
thanks for the picks. gl

whipsaw
08-16-2005, 12:52 PM
you're welcome /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GrekeHaus
08-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't want to sound like a queer or nothin', but I think those are some sweet picks!

--GH

jmillerdls
08-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I like the Rangers as well...and I'll take the over in that one too.

Voltron87
08-16-2005, 04:26 PM
maddux vs pettite

maddux +155

im taking that

mrbaseball
08-16-2005, 05:32 PM
I like both of these too! Hope they happen /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill C
08-16-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maddux vs pettite

maddux +155

im taking that

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be a little careful with this one. Maddux has kind of tailed off of late, and AP is pitching at the top of his game. I'm passing this game.

bill

mrbaseball
08-16-2005, 05:38 PM
I think this line is fair at best. Actually I see it leaning to Houston but not enough to bet. Maddux has been fairly crappy and Pettite has been pitching well with excellent current form.

Houstons problem has been offense but Cubs O is just as bad and over the last 10 Astros have outscored the Cubs by a full run per game. I just don't think you are getting a very good price for this matchup. Houston deserves to be a pretty good favorite here.

Voltron87
08-16-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this line is fair at best. Actually I see it leaning to Houston but not enough to bet. Maddux has been fairly crappy and Pettite has been pitching well with excellent current form.

Houstons problem has been offense but Cubs O is just as bad and over the last 10 Astros have outscored the Cubs by a full run per game. I just don't think you are getting a very good price for this matchup. Houston deserves to be a pretty good favorite here.

[/ QUOTE ]

both of the skeptics raise good points.

hobbes9324
08-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Worrisome - I bet all three of these before seeing your post.....

So you'd better hope I know what I'm doing......LOL

GOOD LUCK!

smartalecc5
08-17-2005, 12:38 AM
The White 'W' Flag is flying in wrigleyville! /images/graemlins/grin.gif