PDA

View Full Version : First post and Stat warning!

08-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Hi!

This is my first post here on the forum so bare with me /images/graemlins/cool.gif I understand that stats posts are not the most inspirational for your guys but I really hope for a constructive response.

I have played Texas Holdem for about half a year now and limit shorthanded for about 4 months. I have read and reread some books and studied the examples here on the two plus two forum for almost as long as I have played the game. As I IMHO have improved over time I understand that I am still a novice with some sort of skill. I think I have a healthy win rate but I really like to improve and get better. I have a bankroll that handles 3/6 and the last 30 000 hands have been at those tables. My stat report is from those 30 000 hands

So if anyone with greater skill than me can give me some advice as how I can improve my game from this “small” sample would be much appreciated.

http://web.comhem.se/~u42141880/Stats.jpg

stripsqueez
08-16-2005, 07:55 AM
what are your win rate numbers for the SB and BB for this sample of hands ?

regardless of what they are i think that you are defending the blinds way too much - when i play in the 3/6 school its very common for a pre-flop raise to indicate a serious hand so i happily make the long term investment of folding my blind

welcome to the forum

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

08-16-2005, 08:06 AM
I figured that’s one of my leaks. My win rates (loose rates) for SB/BB are –0.17/-0.06 BB won/hand. What figures should I aim for?

Thanks for a quick response /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stripsqueez
08-16-2005, 08:23 AM
those figures are normal enough - none the less i doubt god would find it optimal to defend his BB to a steal as much as you do

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

ipp147
08-16-2005, 08:26 AM
3 things stand out

Defend your BB less

Steal more

Raise more preflop

Welcome to the forum

oreogod
08-16-2005, 08:47 AM
push your aggression factor on the flop higher (2.5-3) and a little on the river.

IGMorton
08-16-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
push your aggression factor on the flop higher (2.5-3)

[/ QUOTE ]

really? people call to the river constantly at PP 3/6. you have no fold equity. you can't clean up your outs or even get people to fold gutshots. of course i bet most top / middle pairs for value on the flop. but, i'm finding that a lot of the semi-bluff flush draw raises and stuff that others use here don't work the same in no fold em PP 3/6 land (they worked much better for me at absolute 2/4). i've been hovering around 2.1 and i still feel like i'm spewing at people who don't have a fold button.

aslowjoe
08-16-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
really? people call to the river constantly at PP 3/6. you have no fold equity. you can't clean up your outs or even get people to fold gutshots

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not want people putting in money with inferior hands. Let them play the gutshots to the river but do not let them play for free.