PDA

View Full Version : Agression with Flush draw HU

barongreenback
08-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Villain seemed decent, some aggression but nothing wild. Most players in these games are bit loose. Main question is the flop.

Party $50 PL Omaha (6max)
5 players
2 folds, Button calls, SB($127) raises to $2, BB (hero($60)) calls with
A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Button folds

Pot $4.50 (2 players)
Flop K /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets $3, Hero raises to $13.3, SB calls
My hand looks quite good and I have position but should I be building a big pot here? A reraise would be bad. What's my plan if called?

Turn A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (pot = $31)
SB checks, Hero (has $45 left)???
I don't know that his flop call means much and I potted here to commit myself and avoid trying to decide on the river if my 2 pair is good. Is that wasting my position?

Thanks,
James

BluffTHIS!
08-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Good position is where you do want to build a pot, and the raise from the sb could mean aces or just a good hand. Raising the flop may get him to fold aces or other hands. With the ace on the turn you have top 2, a gutshot and the nut flush draw and I would pot it to try to get rid of him and a possible split on a straight if he too has a gutshot. If he actually made the straight or trips and checked it, then you have lots of outs to fall back on. You are only wasting position if he is the type of player to habitually slowplay sets or draws when they hit and you would be better off taking a free card, or when you are giving up bluffing ability on the river (or the chance to induce a bluff). But you don't have a bluffing hand which the nut flush draw only that misses would be, but rather a made hand with top 2 if it is in fact good. Also, if he has slowplayed a set or even made one on the turn, then he might even fold it to your bet with only 1 card to come if he doesn't have a flush draw as well. Also, if he is the type of player who wouldn't pay you off if you hit the flush on the river without a flush himself, then that is another reason to bet. Your real fear here is that he made the straight on the turn and checked it to you, but like I said you have lots of outs if you get checkraised for your last $14.

autobet
08-16-2005, 11:43 AM
You have a lot more than a flush draw. You have top pair and a straight draw. You are a favorite to have the best hand heads up, and you have a good draw to go with it. Easy call (at least) if you are raised.

Same on the turn. You are the favorite to have the best hand, so bet. You will be almost all in, so calling a raise will be trivial.

barongreenback
08-17-2005, 07:29 AM
At the time flop raise and turn bet were automatic but I wanted to consider all options.

Turn: Anyone bet less than the pot?

Blank turn is more intresting. Do I check behind? Are free card plays any use at Omaha?

James