PDA

View Full Version : Aggression with a small boat

private joker
08-16-2005, 04:59 AM
Still trying to figure out how good a boat is in short-handed play...

Button is aggressive, BB is a fish.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

spydog
08-16-2005, 05:04 AM
I slow down at the same time.

My first instinct would be to check-raise this flop, but I think I like your flop lead better.

Nick C
08-16-2005, 05:05 AM
I don't know. It looks fine to me.

Now I'm going to let people who actually know 5/10 6-max step in.

I need to switch games.

blumpkin22
08-16-2005, 05:44 AM
I'm inclined to bet/call the river at these short-handed tables. He has an overplayed AA or KK way too often, or maybe even ATs, for you not to get in two bets on the river. I'm still scared though.

Stack
08-16-2005, 07:36 AM
I slow down at the same time also.

Why not c/r the flop to trap all the monkeys in between?

wowacedude
08-16-2005, 09:50 AM
I have no idea how good or bad this advice will be.

I like the lead because the flop got tons of draws, the pot is huge and with a lead we can cut down the odds for the donkeys.
Sure, i guess they will call again but they are getting worse odds and might fold things as backdoor straights, flushes etc.
You also get to 3-bet.

On the river, i think it is up to the read. Does he use the aggression good or is he just aggressive? If he is good, c/c and if he is bad, bet/call.

nh.

-Per

Altaslim
08-16-2005, 11:00 AM
I want to say that I bet/call the river...but after thinking more about my actual play I think I check/call. I struggle with seeing monsters and my river aggression factor reflects this.

F*** it....I bet/call and kick the dog.

08-16-2005, 12:10 PM
You are losing to one possible hand; QQ (I don't think Button 3-bets QT or T7). I go with b/c; the odds of an overplayed AA KK or an AT (even a possible JJ) are a lot greater than QQ.

SteveGriff
08-16-2005, 12:12 PM
I think I would have played the same way

tough beat

Steve Griff

JrJordan
08-16-2005, 12:39 PM
I play it the same on all streets. I'm even tempted to throw in a river raise, but I think that'd be spewing at this point.

JrJordan
08-16-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think due to the drawy nature of the board, and an already huge pot it's in our best interest to charge two bets to the field. It also gives us an option to 3-bet when it get's back to us. A c/r might only get 2 bets in if the PFR only calls the raise with a lower PP or an AK type hand.

spydog
08-16-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think due to the drawy nature of the board, and an already huge pot it's in our best interest to charge two bets to the field. It also gives us an option to 3-bet when it get's back to us. A c/r might only get 2 bets in if the PFR only calls the raise with a lower PP or an AK type hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Plus the odd chance that he checks through.

private joker
08-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Villain had TT and MHING. Not that I put him on quads per se, but I had to slow down after the turn cap because anyone capping a paired board after a capped flop has at least trips, so my hand range for him included QQ, QTs, and TT. It also included AA/KK/AKs, but the action leaned heavily on me being dead to 1 out after the turn cap.

08-16-2005, 04:41 PM
I'd play it like you played it, I just lost the other day in 4 handed with a boat. Had 9/5 off in the big blind, checked and flopped trips. Bet in front of me and I reraise and get called. Turn comes 10 and their is a small bet in front of me with no possible flushes straights or anything and I just call this time, thinking hey maybe he's got a 9 as well with a high kicker. River comes 5 giving me the boat and the only guy left moves all in, I call losing to a bigger boat (he had 9/10).