PDA

View Full Version : J9s in a 5 handed pot

cdxx
08-16-2005, 03:07 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (11.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.20 BB

my first question is : is this a call PF?

my second question is : should i be worried of a higher flush on the turn? does a paired board justify just calling the river?

the villain in this case is the same as the other hand 32/8, aggressive after the flop and solid. (but tends to call and limp with some big hands pre-flop).

HolyBejeesus
08-16-2005, 03:09 AM
I play it the same, unless UTG is very tight with his PF raises.

brazilio
08-16-2005, 03:10 AM
Except for folding preflop I play it the same, I'm not going to pound down bets once a solid postflop player 3-bets me on this board, although I'm much more concerned about a boat than I ever will be about being against a higher flush.

cdxx
08-16-2005, 03:24 AM
if i am not worried about the higher flush, am i missing a bet here? it appears i'm behind QQ, Q8, Q5, 88, and 55. i would be willing to accept QQ or 88 played like this, and maybe 55, but i think the villain may fold a small pair like that to a preflop raise.

so, i'm going to say that only 88 is likely. so, am i missing a bet?

what if i combine it with the cases that he may play AQ or some other big hand like this?

HolyBejeesus
08-16-2005, 03:31 AM
If anything I would be worried about the full house. However, trip queens play the hand this way too, so a better line might be to cap the turn and call if he bets into you on the river,bet if he checks. This way you get exactly one more bet in.

tyler_cracker
08-16-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If anything I would be worried about the full house. However, trip queens play the hand this way too, so a better line might be to cap the turn and call if he bets into you on the river,bet if he checks. This way you get exactly one more bet in.

[/ QUOTE ]

...unless villain check-raises you on the river with his boat, in which case you have to call another bet, or 2 more bets than the call/call line.

I think OP's line is fine. Enough overlay for the preflop call, and then you probably have to respect a 3-bet when the third spade falls on the turn.

spydog
08-16-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moozh
08-16-2005, 05:33 AM
I think we need to go one more bet here. Trip queens are very likely, but queens up aren't nearly so. Cap the turn and put one bet in on the river.

jat850
08-16-2005, 01:54 PM
This wasn't exactly your 2nd question, but I would have raised the flop. It is a raise for value at that point, and no board pair is yet evident. If MP-3 3 bets you there, you can choose to fold, or call down based on your reads at lower price instead of facing a 3 bet in the $10 round.