PDA

View Full Version : Going Pro: Week 4

Degen
08-16-2005, 02:59 AM
Its Tuesday! (http://grindblog.blogspot.com)

Bonafone
08-16-2005, 03:10 AM
I know it's sad, but I've been checking every day since your week 3 post. I love the blog.

I too want to spend a year traveling and playing a little poker from the laptop..

Best of luck during week 5.

citanul
08-16-2005, 03:15 AM
well then, uh, happy birthday i guess

citanul

Degen
08-16-2005, 03:15 AM
lol

wow thanks man

thats why i put it up as ITS TUESDAY!...it'll always be up on tuesdays

Bonafone
08-16-2005, 03:19 AM
Well we did get a Saturday post during week 3 /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Degen
08-16-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok tuesdays and any really big paydays!

last week i posted 4 times, i couldn't stop finding the final tables /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooh74
08-16-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok tuesdays and any really big paydays!

last week i posted 4 times, i couldn't stop finding the final tables /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the heck is week 4? That blog has some organizational issues...

Degen
08-16-2005, 01:08 PM
its right on the top, first thing you'll see

you may need to refresh your browser, hold down shift and hit the refresh button

08-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey Wild Bill I have an important question to ask you. Can you PM me your email address. Thanks.

jgunnip
08-16-2005, 03:38 PM
I enjoy the blog, although I think this weeks post wasn't up to snuff with the rest. Just because you are spending more leisure time now does not mean you can start slacking off with the blog! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

When you mentioned that you don't plan ahead for MTTs do you just mean the smaller ones, but not the bigger weekend or weekday tournies (Supers, Specials, 200K guarnateed, etc)? for do you not play these at all?

Degen
08-16-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this weeks post wasn't up to snuff with the rest. Just because you are spending more leisure time now does not mean you can start slacking off with the blog! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe

i appreciate the honesty

my buddy said the same thing to me, everybody is entitled to a down week right /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sorry, next week i'll give it the old college try

edit: o and for the MTT's, i don't plan any of them...if i am playing and a super is about to start, i'll usually play it, but i don't plan on playing any single one...there are just so many tournies across the different sites, it isn't really necessary IMO

pooh74
08-16-2005, 05:39 PM
thanks degen...that did the trick!

Good job...im following your progress, so sorry if I snap when I cant find the update! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Degen
08-16-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks degen...that did the trick!

Good job...im following your progress, so sorry if I snap when I cant find the update! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no worries man, the first guy to ever stick up for me on this forum, you can snap all you like /images/graemlins/wink.gif

nate_king1
08-16-2005, 05:53 PM
What type of business are you starting? Nice $2k/Week is really good.....

Degen
08-16-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I owned and operated a marketing company for about a year before I decided to do this...we still have our websites running but are not taking on any new customers. Thats my plan B should this not work out financially or otherwise.

Everything is in place for that right now, I'd just have to put a lot of time and effort into it, and it would lock me up from moving or traveling etc for at least six months. So basically it'd be like getting a job.

nate_king1
08-16-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I owned and operated a marketing company for about a year before I decided to do this...we still have our websites running but are not taking on any new customers. Thats my plan B should this not work out financially or otherwise.

Everything is in place for that right now, I'd just have to put a lot of time and effort into it, and it would lock me up from moving or traveling etc for at least six months. So basically it'd be like getting a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Internet Marketing compnay? SEO? Affiliate? Search? Design?

Degen
08-16-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Internet Marketing compnay? SEO? Affiliate? Search? Design?

[/ QUOTE ]

Combination of these things really. I'll PM you.

08-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Very nice start in your poker career. I envy you as I to plan on playing poker for a living. I Just dont have the guts to quit my job.

Degen
08-16-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice start in your poker career. I envy you as I to plan on playing poker for a living. I Just dont have the guts to quit my job.

[/ QUOTE ]

you envy me in title maybe, in theory

i invite you to skim through weeks 1-3 and get a sense of what it was like...

i think as this goes on this is going to be more a tribute to why people should NOT go pro, as opposed to why they should...but we shall see.

thanks for readin!