PDA

View Full Version : Mat Sklansky and his OOT postings

rusty JEDI
08-16-2005, 01:59 AM
Its like he never really used to read here. Now that he has to because he took over full time moderation, he has been sucked into its goodness and cant leave.

rJ

Sponger15SB
08-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Mat's posts in OOT have been gold.

jason_t
08-16-2005, 02:07 AM
I'd like to believe that this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=3130731&Fo rum=f20&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3130406& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=21723&daterange=1&n ewerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypre v=#Post3130731) helped.

touchfaith
08-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Mat is Commodus' pawn.

Yeah, I said it!

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Soul Daddy
08-16-2005, 02:12 AM
If you can't beat 'em, own 'em.

Mat Sklansky
08-16-2005, 12:42 PM
I think Burgundy (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3100697&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1) is the one most qualified to speak about my posts here.

Actually, I have recently discovered what fun it is to participate, and there are a number of people I would like to thank for this. I'll wait for a slow day.

Mat

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I have recently discovered what fun it is to participate

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very good to hear.

[ QUOTE ]
and there are a number of people I would like to thank for this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who are they?

Mat Sklansky
08-16-2005, 04:08 PM
How it came to be that I joined the fray

In chronological order:
B Dids
The crazy, prolific jesus spammer
Mike Haven
The whole gang of user mods that came soon after
Wacki
Dynasty
Otis the marsupial
Ed Miller
Mason Malmuth
[Censored]
Commodus
and finally the lot of you, for whatever bizarre reasons, who have encouraged me to post more.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-16-2005, 04:09 PM
An Avatar now, even!

IndieMatty
08-16-2005, 04:11 PM
I think you need to reference the night you banned KaneKungFu. Damn that was funny.

TheIrishThug
08-16-2005, 04:11 PM
i think he's had it for a few days, but yeah that made it official.

DemonDeac
08-16-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An Avatar now, even!

[/ QUOTE ]

yea. i was gonna say that.

impressive Mat

Brainwalter
08-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Which gimmick account is yours?

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which gimmick account is yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

David Sklansky

jackdaniels
08-16-2005, 04:14 PM
This side of you we haven't seen yet - it is good.

Kuddos to Patrick for pointing out the avatar - I didn't even notice it.

wacki
08-16-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mat's posts in OOT have been gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they have been. I've been very impressed.

Mat Sklansky
08-16-2005, 04:18 PM
The avatar is Ralphus from Bloodsucking Freaks. It is a veritable tragedy that nobody here seems to have seen this movie.

touchfaith
08-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Nobody is trying nearly hard enough to bring Commodus out of the woodwork.

We should have graciously welcomed Indiana back so he could self-implode again and bring him out...

imported_anacardo
08-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the show. We're glad to have you aboard.

Now if we could just get Pops to do the same... /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

TheIrishThug
08-16-2005, 04:22 PM
i've decided to let commodus take his time. u can't rush genius.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-16-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now if we could just get Pops to do the same... /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. What we really need is a good SIIHP joke from DS.

BillNye
08-16-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How it came to be that I joined the fray

In chronological order:
http://www.wma.com/0/cta/college/lectures/images/Bill_Nye.jpg
and finally the lot of you, for whatever bizarre reasons, who have encouraged me to post more.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Mat Sklansky
08-16-2005, 04:24 PM
You can find him at the forum next door, "Science, Math, and Philosophy." His real absence is being noted in the strategy forums, I'm afraid.

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His real absence is being noted in the strategy forums, I'm afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed. Do you think he'll eventually get bored with the Trainwreck and spend more time back in the strategy forums?

imported_anacardo
08-16-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can find him at the forum next door, "Science, Math, and Philosophy." His real absence is being noted in the strategy forums, I'm afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just figure he could use a break from handing out C-notes to hear people debate the existence of God, is all.

Give us the real scoop: is Einstein descending into madness? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If so, can you arrange periods of lucidity long enough for him to finish "Theory & Practice of NL Poker?"

Mat Sklansky
08-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Everything's fine. Book is being worked upon.

If somebody wants to arrange it, we can have a monthly contest, and the winner gets to ask three questions which David will be forced to satisfactorily answer, presumably about poker, but perhaps other things. I could probably get him to agree to this, if there's enough demand.

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If somebody wants to arrange it, we can have a monthly contest, and the winner gets to ask three questions which David will be forced to satisfactorily answer, presumably about poker, but perhaps other things. I could probably get him to agree to this, if there's enough demand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be hilarious in 00T. I wonder what his reponse would be to a question about Taco Bell, poopers or rap music?

imported_anacardo
08-16-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's [censored] brilliant.

Is it a raffle? 5,000 tickets pls.

TheIrishThug
08-16-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can see no way in which this will not be awesome.

morgan180
08-16-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

demand

stabn
08-16-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can see no way in which this will not be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

My nightmare scenario involves smoothcall winning.

DemonDeac
08-16-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

demand

[/ QUOTE ]

IndieMatty
08-16-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

demand

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And a thread is born.

Mat Sklansky
08-16-2005, 04:56 PM
alright. He just agreed. Now we need the contest ideas. I couldn't even think of a good contest for Dynasty's color change operations, so it's up to you guys.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-16-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
alright. He just agreed. Now we need the contest ideas. I couldn't even think of a good contest for Dynasty's color change operations, so it's up to you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on, Mat. This is OOT. We already have a nomination thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3159282&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1). The poll will be up shortly.

08-16-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is stupid. Tell DS he's not welcome in the OOT.

imported_anacardo
08-16-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is stupid. Tell DS he's not welcome in the OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

TAKE A [censored] HIKE BAD ADVICE GUY, THIS IS TOO IMPORTANT!

IndieMatty
08-16-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about whoever can bypass the profanity filter the most in a week without being detected?