PDA

View Full Version : my cool LAG hand

Allinlife
08-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Villan is pretty LAG, 50/16ish..unfortunately I suck and don't remember much on his play.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($1434.50)
CO ($985)
Button ($1441)
SB ($985)
BB ($1612.75)
UTG ($2748.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls $10, Hero calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $45</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $35, UTG folds, Hero calls $35.

Flop: ($150) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $300</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero raises $1289.50 (All-In)
</font>
his hand range was most likely a AA~TT, maybe AK/AQh

flame on

Kirkrrr
08-16-2005, 01:25 AM
Why not call flop and pot the turn? I think at that point it would be a lot easier for him to put you on a solid hand.

Kirk

gomberg
08-16-2005, 01:38 AM
I really don't like making plays like that on 2-flush, coordinated boards as a lot of villains talk themselves into calling big bets like that thinking you must be on a draw. I like the idea of playing a turn here.

BobboFitos
08-16-2005, 12:35 PM
this is not good eric

edit: also, if he's 16% raise, why is his hand raise re:flop raise so small? Would he just call or fold with most other hands he'd button raise with? That I dont get.

If he's LAG enough to raise here a big % of air (or decent hands that will fold to the 3bet) this is good, but it seems to me that this is not the case?

Also, (just read other replies) gom is right in that alot of players will talk themselves into a call with not much (but better hand then you) especially bad LAGs who like to think everyone is putting a move on them... hope it worked out

Allinlife
08-16-2005, 01:46 PM
thanks for the critisisms everyone. points well noted. villan calls with KK after long hesitation and it holds up.

I'll also remember to play sets and 2 pair this way vs likely overpairs /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sadat X
08-16-2005, 01:57 PM
I think even if you know your opponent wont call with a worse hand, there is an important advantage you gain with this move. That will be your opponent's reluctance to come over the top of your bets in the future. As a result, you get more information from his raises (if he chooses to try it again) and make your opponent play passively against you.

To make this an effective laggy play you'd have to be pretty certain that your opponent will fold here and you need a fairly solid read on your opponent for that to be the case.

Allinlife
08-16-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To make this an effective laggy play you'd have to be pretty certain that your opponent will fold here and you need a fairly solid read on your opponent for that to be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is what I often tend to ignore.. Gomberg nailed what the villan did in the hand heh. gotta try it on people that I know are capable of folding overpairs.

once again, thanks for the feedback guys /images/graemlins/smile.gif

captZEEbo1
08-16-2005, 05:36 PM
This play is terrible. I think overpair calls here everytime as board is just too damn draw heavy.