PDA

View Full Version : entertainment system for a dorm...

technologic
08-16-2005, 12:44 AM
i've been looking into getting a tv/sound system for my dorm room next year.

it's around 240 sq ft...so it's not especially spacious. but was wondering what kind of entertainment (size, price, quality, company) would be optimal for me, as it is my senior year, and i will have to probably move the stuff a bit after i graduate.

i'm looking to spend maybe 2-3k on tv and 1-2k on sound. any suggestions appreciated.

touchfaith
08-16-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

it's around 240 sq ft...so it's not especially spacious. but was wondering what kind of entertainment (size, price, quality, company) would be optimal for me, as it is my senior year, and i will have to probably move the stuff a bit after i graduate.

i'm looking to spend maybe 2-3k on tv and 1-2k on sound. any suggestions appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Denon

Drew16
08-16-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$5k is WAY to much to spend on a tv and sound system for a dorm room. That is a waste.

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-16-2005, 12:59 AM
5.1 (7.1 if you're fancy) computer speakers and a 2001 FP. Done and for $700 or less.

technologic
08-16-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$5k is WAY to much to spend on a tv and sound system for a dorm room. That is a waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what would you suggest?

tv type, sound system...SUGGESTIONS!!!!!

Drew16
08-16-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what would you suggest?

tv type, sound system...SUGGESTIONS!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

go to the pawn shop and buy a cheap ass TV, thats what i did. I pawned a guitar and got a TV, Playstation and some games. I still have them all.

Edge34
08-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Go to Best Buy. I hear they have lots of TVs and stuff there...

BK_
08-16-2005, 07:09 AM
the walls are so thin in dorms that spending any decent amount on a sound system is a waste of money

ChipWrecked
08-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Spidey sense tingling..... Jake will post sliding couch picture soon....