View Full Version : Installing new HD

MagicMan08
08-16-2005, 12:04 AM
If I install a new hd in my computer and don't have anything to mount it with...

Does it matter if I just set it on top of my cd-rom, or what should or can I do?

08-16-2005, 12:39 AM
LOL. Can't help but laugh at your post. I don't know but I wouldn't do it. I got 2 external hard drives. I hate installing things.

MagicMan08
08-16-2005, 12:53 AM
like will it over heat or anything along those lines? or will setting it on their wreck it? I will buy some new mounting stuff in the next couple of days when i get paid

smoore
08-16-2005, 01:28 AM
plug it in, set it somewhere where it won't be messed with.... I've done things much like this in the past and the HDD won't fail if you don't bump it while it's working.

Hell, I had a "server" that laid flat on a table for three months.

CrazyN8
08-16-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
like will it over heat or anything along those lines? or will setting it on their wreck it? I will buy some new mounting stuff in the next couple of days when i get paid

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't over heat - you should be fine. I repaired one of my old computers and had all the disk drives laying on top of the box for about a week (plugged in). Everything ran find. The processor is the only thing that really "overheats".

MagicMan08
08-16-2005, 06:20 PM
thanks