PDA

View Full Version : How often do you do laundry?

CD56
08-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Here's my regimen:

Wash after every use: Boxers/T-Shirt/Sox

Wash after 2-3 uses: Polo Shirts/Dress Shirts (I always wear a t-shirt underneath)

Wash very rarely, usually only if they get a stain on them: Jeans/Dress Pants/Sweaters

Anyone wash everything after each use? if so why?

istewart
08-15-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wash very rarely, usually only if they get a stain on them: Jeans/Dress Pants/Sweaters

[/ QUOTE ]

Unacceptable.

mslif
I wash everything after I wear it (even if it's just once). I like the feel of clean laundry and I am somewhat of an obsessive compulsive cleaner.

New001
I do the same. Sweatshirts might get washed a little more often.

peachy
08-15-2005, 11:26 PM
about once a week...only thing that gets worn twice is usually pants

REASON: im a girl with an ungodly amount of clothes

James Boston
08-15-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm pretty much on the exact same schedule as you, except I get my slacks dry-cleaned semi-often, and I don't wear sweaters.

Dudd
08-15-2005, 11:27 PM
I throw everything into a big pile once they've been worn, and then do the wash when I run out of underwear. So, I usually only wear shirts once, and maybe rewear a few pairs of jeans/shorts once or twice.

Claunchy
08-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Washing your clothes every time you wear them just tears them up and is usually unnecessary anyway unless you sweat profusely or something.

My regimen's pretty similar to yours, except I have my dress shirts professionally cleaned after every use, and that's only because my job requires them to be all starchy.

nothumb
08-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Right now, I never do laundry. My girlfriend does it. Usually once a week or so. However if she slacks off I sometimes find myself short of clothes.

Shortly we'll be moving into an apartment with a washer/dryer unit, which is a big relief. I'll be doing my own laundry from then on and will probably was all my regular clothes weekly or so. This means most will be worn once or twice between cleanings.

NT

gorie
08-15-2005, 11:36 PM
wash after every use: underwear/socks/shirts

unless i only wear the shirt for a couple hours and don't go anywhere, then i might wear it the next day.

wash after 2 to 5 uses: bra (hey i only have 2 leave me alone, bras are expensive)/ jeans (i only really have 1 pair that i wear). and probably sweartshirts/sweaters fit in this category if i wore them, but i don't. pajamas go here too.

although i have this blue hooded zipper sweatshirt that i've worn pretty much every non-summer day for 10 years now and i don't think i've washed it once.

kerssens
08-15-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I throw everything into a big pile once they've been worn, and then do the wash when I run out of underwear. So, I usually only wear shirts once, and maybe rewear a few pairs of jeans/shorts once or twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly

touchfaith
08-16-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Practicing to make the final-table somewhere? This is just wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone wash everything after each use? if so why?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know...the basic reason...I don't like to stink

Tron
08-16-2005, 12:06 AM
I probably wear a pair of jeans 10 times before I wash them. To do otherwise is ridiculous and wasteful.

craig r
08-16-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably wear a pair of jeans 10 times before I wash them. To do otherwise is ridiculous and wasteful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually have to be forced to wash a pair of jeans. Sometimes I won't even realize how dirty they are until I wash them and then I am like "wow, those are a lot bluer than i remember".

craig

STLantny
08-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Depends on where I wear jeans, if its out to a bar or somewhere smoky, straight to the laundry, otherwise its until I spill something on them. Everything else goes from my body to the laundry/dry cleaners. I never re-wear something.

GoblinMason (Craig)
08-16-2005, 12:32 AM
jeans/dress pants/shorts: until I sniff them and they are a little skanky.

Sweatshirts: christmas break?

Everything else: 1x use.

-Craig

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Weekly. I wash most everything after wearing it once. Occasionally, I'll wear a pair of shorts twice.

Shajen
08-16-2005, 09:30 AM
every sunday.

usually I'll load the washer and dryer, the wife folds.

You should wash your clothes more often, folks. Damn, ya'll some dirty bastards.

MrTrik
08-16-2005, 09:42 AM
I wash weekly ... everything that's worn. Besides jeans, slacks, and sweatshirts everything is single wear then into the hamper.

IndieMatty
08-16-2005, 09:51 AM
I take my laundry to the dry cleaners once a week. It's usually like 15 bucks and it's done on the same day. Also, the dry cleaners are a wonderful Chinese family who I enjoy talking to; I actually go past two other places to go to them and they treat me well. They also have tried to set me up with a few of their female customers; I would never date a girl who doesn't do her own laundry though.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

razor
08-16-2005, 11:07 AM
1 wear, 5-6 wears, 2,000 wears...

I'm confused.

El Diablo, please comment on this thread.

I NEED TO KNOW HOW OFTEN I SHOULD BE WASHING MY JEANS!!!!!!!!!!!

2planka
08-16-2005, 11:27 AM
My wife does my laundry.

razor
08-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey El D,

I know you are busy, but I was hoping to do laundry TODAY!!!!!!!!

How often should I WASH MY JEANS!!!!1!!1111!!

08-16-2005, 05:38 PM
I wash every 2 weeks underwear and socks always, and since the weather is warm my shorts(which is all i'm wearing right now) everything else...it depends...

Many

RollaJ
08-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Doing Laundry is -EV

I let Mr. Kim do it, about $40 every 10 days.

When I did it, it would take 3 hours......not even close to worth it

TStoneMBD
08-16-2005, 05:53 PM
i think the universal rule is that if it doesnt have racecar tracks on it then its clean.

JaBlue
08-16-2005, 06:22 PM
I do the same but I wash pants etc. after 3 or 4 wears. Sweatshirts, hoodies, etc. get washed when they have a stain or smell.