PDA

View Full Version : value bet or check/call? 100NL at lucky chances

wutevahung
08-15-2005, 10:00 PM
i think i make this mistake a lot, i value bet when i should check and i check when i should value bet, but anyway here is the hand

me A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif (had about 600 in front of me)
villian- loose maniac who goes all in with pocket 2s like 5 hands in the row, won all of them, he was on the hottest rush ever. he would raise/call with low pocket and ace low off suit, and call you all the way down with medium/low pair or even reraise you. but he just lost like 4 hands in the row and threw away like 500 dollars, so he is a little bit of passive right now. (he had me cover)

i was utg, raised to 16 (blinds were 1/1/2 but it was 4 to call), folded to villian and he called

flop- Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
i bet 35 and he called

turn- 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
i bet 70 and he called

river- 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
what should i do?
again, the villain could and often calls down with mid/bottom pair, and he goes all in every other time when you check to him.

any advice would be appreciated /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stu-unger
08-15-2005, 10:22 PM
will this donk raise this river on a bluff? if not i think i block this river for like 100 and am done with it.

if he is aggro on the river i like to check/call up to maybe 120 more like only 100.

wutevahung
08-15-2005, 10:32 PM
o well i was thinking about check/call ANYTHING, even if he puts me all in because he does that all the time, goes all in with lowest pair or PP but most of time people does not have enough to call him, but in this case i think TPTK is good enough and if he caught it then there was nothing i could ve done?

hukilai
08-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Bet 200, call all-in.

Would not be suprised to lose to some stupid Q7, though.

mudbuddha
08-15-2005, 10:43 PM
bet out the river let him do the thinking instead of yourself

wutevahung
08-15-2005, 11:19 PM
i would do this, but i thought that the only hands that he was gonna call with or reraise all in r basically either top pair or trips, if he reraised all in after i represent strength i would be a little hestitate to call, but if i check to him i could ve give him a chance to bluff/bet and i would not feel bad about calling because he did not represent any strength, but i feel like i lost money by checking.....can someone tell me what was wrong?

stu-unger
08-15-2005, 11:56 PM
this is a spot where u can check to induce, but i don't think it is a good one. my problem here is facing a big bet (like u said he may push with a worst hand) with a TPTK type hand. i feel like if i block the river and he is a calling station i will get value out of smaller Qs and some PPs he thinks are good. plus, hopefully i limit his range of raising hands to only ones that beat mine. if he was a more controlled opponent a check/call may be fine but, against someone who leaves u clueless i want him to be making decisions not me.

amoeba
08-15-2005, 11:59 PM
I like a value bet here.

if the flop was more drawheavy, I like a check better.