PDA

View Full Version : AK and werid turn action.

brettbrettr
08-15-2005, 09:31 PM
PartyPoker - $5/$10 Texas - 9 players

UTG is a 28/7/.6, (river aggression is 3.5)
CO is loose passive/aggro, really no read on it, about a 24/6/1.0 or so.

Hero is Button with Kc Ad

PreFlop
UTG RAISES, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO Calls, Hero RAISES
SB folds, BB folds, UTG Calls, CO Calls

(3 players) FLOP: 3h Qh Jc ( Pot Size: 5.2 BB )
UTG checks, CO checks, Hero BETS
UTG Calls, CO Calls

(3 players) TURN: As ( Pot Size: 6.7 BB )
UTG checks, CO checks, Hero BETS
UTG Calls, CO RAISES, ????? PLan?

toss
08-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Call and river a Ten.

Nick C
08-15-2005, 09:44 PM
KT seems like an unfortunate possibility. AJ is another.

I would call, I think, but it sucks that you may just have 1.5 outs. And UTG's hand could be stepping on (or eating up) some of your outs versus CO.

brettbrettr
08-15-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

soweak.
08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
You can still counterfeit a lot of hands here (QJ, AJ, even AQ), but you likely shouldn't call unless you improve on the river. I also think two-pair is more likely here than a set or a straight, but both are possible depending on the player.

brettbrettr
08-15-2005, 10:29 PM
So fold a blank river?

Guruman
08-15-2005, 11:02 PM
i think you'd have to have a read on villain to call an unimprvd river. you said he was loose/passive/aggro - and I have no clue what that means. Is he passive or aggro? Would he take this line with KQ? KJ? AT? A9? KT? QQ? pp TT or lower?

the less likely he's got one of these specific hands and takes this line with you, the more likely you'll need to improve on the river. Any A, K, T or 3 would be good for you there.

Also, the prescence of the third player on the river would drastically devalue your hand if it goes UI. If the river bricks and the action goes bet/raise or bet/call, you have to fold. If it goes check/bet, your read on CO comes into play.

brettbrettr
08-15-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the river bricks and the action goes bet/raise or bet/call, you have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This much I know /images/graemlins/cool.gif

hobbsmann
08-15-2005, 11:14 PM
I really don't mind a call/call here. UTG has shown no strength this entire hand so you've got to think you are soundly ahead of him and since he is a loose passive he is essentially just padding the pot for you. CO is a little more worrisome, but given your semi-lag read and the size of the pot I think you'll run into an over-played A-mid here enough to make a call down profitable. Plus you have outs to broadway.

BWebb
08-15-2005, 11:29 PM
You are getting 11:1, but after discounting your outs you have at BEST 3.5. The fact that UTG has played his hand like a draw the whole way is also a little scary. Plus, a relatively passive player checkraised two on the turn on that board after you 3-bet preflop. He must have a pretty big hand. I think this is a fold. You could call the turn and fold the river UI, but I think that is a mistake, all be it a small one.

Edit to add: Actually, calling the turn and folding the river is a bigger mistake than call/call. If you call the turn, call the river.

Nick C
08-15-2005, 11:31 PM
If the action went as expected on a river blank, I would probably agonize, tell myself I should fold, look at the $137 in the pot, and call instead.

oreogod
08-15-2005, 11:52 PM
I could probably go through all the hand combos and find the weighed outs and Im sure you have slightly more than 3.5 outs.

Obviously against a made str8 you are drawing to 3 tens for a chop. Against a made two pair you are drawing to 7 outs (6 if there is a flush draw out, but not to worried about that). Against QJ you are drawing to 10 outs, but then if u factor the other caller it COULD less than that.

Either way weighed outs would be slightly more than 3.5 at BEST.

oreogod
08-15-2005, 11:55 PM
If the river is a blank, more than likely you can fold. A turn raise from CO is pretty strong and he can beat AK (if he is not a moron)

BWebb
08-16-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I could probably go through all the hand combos and find the weighed outs and Im sure you have slightly more than 3.5 outs.

Obviously against a made str8 you are drawing to 3 tens for a chop. Against a made two pair you are drawing to 7 outs (6 if there is a flush draw out, but not to worried about that). Against QJ you are drawing to 10 outs, but then if u factor the other caller it COULD less than that.

Either way weighed outs would be slightly more than 3.5 at BEST.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the Villian's hand ranges and our weighed outs (first number is % I think he has this hand, second is our outs)
K10-(.3)(1.5)=.45
33-(.2)(4)=.8
JJ-(.2)(4)=.8 (I'm assuming he 3-bets QQ, but not JJ)
AQ-(.1)(7)=.7
AJ-(.1)(10)=1
QJ-(.1)(7)=.7 (I actually think he has this hand like never)
Total outs=4.45

I'm assuming the player is passive as the OP stated. This does not even factor in the other player, which could worsen our outs even more if he is on a flush draw or is drawing to a split. Even if we assume it's only by one out, that knocks us down to 3.5 outs. Now that I actually pencil out the math, I think it is an easier fold than I originally thought. FWIW, I just made the assumptions on hand distrubution without seeing if they fit my original answer.