PDA

View Full Version : JJ in a $20+2

GutPunch
08-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Level 1, mid - late position Hero is facing 1 limp to him with a few yet to act and has JJ

Table is standard loose party poker table

What do you do? Do you limp, and hope to have an overpair to the board or flop a set? Do you raise, and see if you can get people out, if so, how much do you raise?

What do you do when flop comes Q high with 2-4 others seeing it?? check/fold? no set, no bet?

This seems to be one really hard situation to judge for me, Im just wanting to know what some others do in this type of situation.

Thanks

The Don
08-15-2005, 09:55 PM
I raise 5-6x in these spots. You shouldn't get more than 2 callers. On a Q high flop I would bet if checked to me then slow down if I was called (assuming you have position). If there are 3+ callers you are just hoping for low cards on the board or a set. Definitely raise preflop in mid/late position though.

fisherman112
08-15-2005, 10:31 PM
limping is criminal. make a good sized raise and take a stab at the Q high flop if checked to you unless there are 3+ callers pf.

hobbes9324
08-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Why is a limp criminal?

If you limp and catch a set, you have a chance to double up quickly.
If you raise and everyone folds, you've picked up an essentially insignificant amount of chips.

I'd rather try to hit a big hand and double my stack.
I also suspect JJ is one of the leading offenders for people going broke early.

Just my thoughts, though - I find JJ a tough hand to play well.