PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting poker table volume independently of my music?

dogsballs
08-15-2005, 08:38 PM
when I stream intenet radio while playing poker, even with the music volume jacked up, the poker table bleeps and whatnot are too loud - relatively - compared to the music.

Is there any other way of adjusting table sound effects volume wihtout using teh 'master' volume on the computer?

tks
dogs

smoore
08-16-2005, 01:31 AM
software limitations.

You want to turn up your MP3 player and turn down your poker software.

GL.

dogsballs
08-16-2005, 02:55 AM
That's the question. How do I turn down the poker software?

geormiet
08-16-2005, 04:32 AM
Believe me...I know exactly what you are saying.

MyMindIsGoing
08-16-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should say what client you are using? In primas client: menu/options/sound options.

dibbs
08-17-2005, 03:52 AM
I don't suppose you have sound editing software do you? If you can get a copy of SoundForge, Acid, Sonar 2 or probably many other cheap downloadable audio editing programs you can make the sounds much quiter (or louder, if need be) than usual. Unfortunately when you aren't bumping music they will be soft, but youll just have to turn the speakers up if you want to hear it.

Never used them but I imagine a lot of free programs you can download like CoolEdit will do this as well. Just take down the main gain and save it as the same file name. It shouldnt really be a problem, but make sure the new file is about the same size or smaller than the original, you run into problems if you start making the program (certain sites anyways) work harder with larger files.

UB is a lost hope for this, and holy hell are their sounds loud.

IHateKeithSmart
08-17-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogsballs:

This should actually be pretty easy. Many/most sites (stars, party) use .wav files for sounds (shuffling cards, raising, etc.).

Windows allows you to control .wav volume separately. Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices (in Windows XP). On the volume tab, click Advanced. Then, lower the volume for the Wave setting. This should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

vabogee
08-17-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogsballs:

This should actually be pretty easy. Many/most sites (stars, party) use .wav files for sounds (shuffling cards, raising, etc.).

Windows allows you to control .wav volume separately. Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices (in Windows XP). On the volume tab, click Advanced. Then, lower the volume for the Wave setting. This should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with this is: if you are listening to mp3s (via itunes, winamp, etc.), the ".wav" volume slider will turn the music down as well. try it, you'll see.

the best i can think of is what mymindisgoing said: alter the actual sound files with wavelab or soundforge.

this has actually been a problem for me too, with big "ping!"s and "dong!"s interrupting a miles solo or a squarepusher break. but, since i'm too lazy to do all that wav editing, i just live with it.

PLOlover
08-17-2005, 11:50 AM
This is a specific solution, sorry I haven't been able to come up with a general one.

I use media player classic to listen to talk shows and watch movies.

You can go into the options of this program and normalize and boost the audio.

Therefore you can set your system volume lower, poker will be lower, but media player classic will boost its own audio.

I am pretty sure you can do the same thing in Winamp, but I listen to primarily .rm files so I don't use it as much.

IHateKeithSmart
08-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Bah, this sucks. Ignore my suggestion then - will only work with CDs.