PDA

View Full Version : Learning limit part II - TPnK on flushdraw board

punter11235
08-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Hello !
Limit 5/10 Party. Full ring. No significant reads (yet) as its my first hand there (this is why I posted SB in strange pos).
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO doesn't show.
Outcome: CO wins 7 BB. </font>

My plan after flop raise is to call and bet any non club board (right ?). My plan after this turn is to draw to flush and bet 4th club river and fold nonclub river which I did. Correct ? or river was to weak ?

Best wishes

HolyBejeesus
08-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Since you posted in MP3, you can raise this preflop. Also, you should call the river getting 7:1.

Nick C
08-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Hands like this are difficult.

One thing to consider is that if CO had a decent king, it's quite possible he would have raised with it preflop, especially since he's in late position and only one poster has entered the pot so far.

Your stop-n-go plan seems all right to me, but a jack or queen on the turn is something I'd be a little concerned about in addition to a third club. (I think JT and QT are possible hands for CO. QJ is too, unfortunately, but I think there's a good chance you're ahead on the flop, even after you get raised.) And in some ways, of course, I don't really mind a club, as it improves my draw. (And there are a lot of hands CO could be raising on the flop that are not flush draws.)

Prior to that, I might have 3-bet the flop. But I would have then considered folding (on a blank, not on the actual turn card) if CO called that 3-bet and then popped me on the turn. (Also, you aren't really much of a favorite on the flop, versus a hand like JT.) In a way, your line is safer.

But it isn't if you're going to check-fold the river. Given the way the hand had played up until that point, I would have called. I would also have expected to lose, but I think your hand will be good often enough here.

toss
08-15-2005, 08:52 PM
I'd probably 3-bet the flop rather than doing a stop'n go. The way you played it you should probably call the river since your hand will be good enough times.