PDA

View Full Version : Could I be a losing player at $200nl 6-max?

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Extra points to those who can guess exactly how much I'm down. I have no idea what is going on. Every big pot I play I'm losing to some horrible suckout, but maybe those are just natural, and I suck [censored] dick at poker and can't win. I've tried 3 tabling in the last few days, but it had just been bad as well.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1003/sponger12343145134cs.jpg

TheWorstPlayer
08-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes. 2K.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. 2K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a sec to figure out what the [censored] is wrong w/ stupid [censored] photobucket.

[censored]!

Ghazban
08-15-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm about breakeven after ~9K hands of that game (mostly just 2-tabling) but beating the full ring version pretty handily. I suck at 6-max, though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm about breakeven after ~9K hands of that game (mostly just 2-tabling) but beating the full ring version pretty handily. I suck at 6-max, though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure what to do, because I've lost a good ammount. I really could be a losing player in this game and I don't want to stick around to find out. I've got $3700 left online, should I stick it out for another grand and then kill myself, or just kill myself now?

Ghazban
08-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Are you beating the $100 6-max game? You could always drop down and rebuild both your bankroll and confidence for a while.

Rosie5
08-15-2005, 07:48 PM
2001$, Bob /images/graemlins/grin.gif

move down and dominate .5/1 for a while and get your confidence back, you don't seem to have much--No offense

AllIn3High
08-15-2005, 07:50 PM
You're down $1500.

Personally I quit trying it after running bad and tilting.

-$1430 after 2553 hands /images/graemlins/frown.gif

yvesaint
08-15-2005, 07:51 PM
8% is pretty tight for 6-max ... are you sure you just haven't had a few big pots lost to bad beats, and maybe a few to monsters running into monsters (KK v. AA, set v. over-set, etc)? Those have a tendency to ruin any player's confidence.

TheWorstPlayer
08-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Your number look like numbers which could be for a winning player. I think the optimal numbers are higher VPIP and higher PFR though. The obvious answer, though, is that 4K hands is nothing. Maybe you're just running bad. With only 3K+ left online, I would move down (that's what I did with the same amount). Kill the NL100 6-max for a bit and then move back up. I'm back up to 4K (thanks to everyone who kicked my ass on my posted hands today and got me back towards my A game) and will be moving back to NL200 soon. My best advice is for you to do the same.

If I had to pick something just from those stats that is the most problematic, however, I would say that you are playing too tight. Folding too much to blind steals. Stealing too rarely. Playing too few hands. Probably this tightness manifests itself postflop as well and you might be getting run over in places where you shouldn't. Particularly if you are multi-tabling. I might cut down to one table, play another 4K hands at one table and make certain that your money in going in with the best of it. If it is, kick it back up to multiple tables. If it isn't, look at your postflop play and try to find some more profitable spots preflop to add in. Like re-raising out of the blinds. People who steal all the time preflop can't take re-raises very often.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're down $1500.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding!

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Thank you for that post.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you sure you just haven't had a few big pots lost to bad beats, and maybe a few to monsters running into monsters (KK v. AA, set v. over-set, etc)? Those have a tendency to ruin any player's confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5295/wooo1mq.jpg

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I had to pick something just from those stats that is the most problematic, however, I would say that you are playing too tight. Folding too much to blind steals. Stealing too rarely. Playing too few hands. Probably this tightness manifests itself postflop as well and you might be getting run over in places where you shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a hand that just happened 5 seconds ago. Folded to me in CO with 76 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, I raise PF, get 1 caller in the BB. Flop is AJ2 1 heart. He checks, I bet 2/3rd pot and he calls. Turn is a T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, he checks and I bet 2/3rds pot again and he goes all in for $20 more and I call and he shows ATo and I miss.

Goodbye $70

Ghazban
08-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Easy turn check behind. You're definitely not ahead -- take the free card.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, its only easy if you are thinking.

Its much better to just bet out when you think you can get him to fold instead of check raising you all in

Ghazban
08-15-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, its only easy if you are thinking.

Its much better to just bet out when you think you can get him to fold instead of check raising you all in

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think he'll fold?

Voltron87
08-15-2005, 08:05 PM
i must be taking all you guys's money. 15 ptbb/100 last 10k hands... poker is easy, no?

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:06 PM
I'm a [censored] tard thats why.

I also hate posting hands on this site because 1 hand out of like every 5,000 hands that I play doesn't seem to matter to me. I don't even know why I posted that QQ hand earlier as I played it just how everyone else said and the guy folded anyways and there is about a .00001% chance that the exact hand will ever come up again.

Ghazban
08-15-2005, 08:09 PM
I think you're channeling theredpill

Voltron87
[ QUOTE ]

I also hate posting hands on this site because 1 hand out of like every 5,000 hands that I play doesn't seem to matter to me. I don't even know why I posted that QQ hand earlier as I played it just how everyone else said and the guy folded anyways and there is about a .00001% chance that the exact hand will ever come up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

post more hands, 6 max nl is not easy for everyone. post hands and your line of thought. 1500 is past the "running bad everything is a-ok" zone.

Sponger15SB
[ QUOTE ]
i must be taking all you guys's money. 15 ptbb/100 last 10k hands... poker is easy, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only when you're winning...

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/1592/pokerher6gm.jpg

yvesaint
08-15-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the exact hand probably won't come up again against the same exact opponent, but there are definitely hands that share similarities, and opponents that share similarities. Correcting a mistake in one hand most definitely has beneficial effects for other hands, as long as you can see which situations are the same.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're channeling theredpill

[/ QUOTE ]

WHERE IS BOBBOS FRITOS SO I CAN TELL HIM TO SUCK HIS DADS COCK?

CAN YOU [censored] BELIEVE THIS [censored] GUY!?! HOW THE [censored] DOES THIS HAPPEN! SHOULD I HAVE JUST CHECK AND FOLDED ON THE TURN! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dealt to Sponger [ Ah Ad ]
Sponger raises [$8].
rnjunlimited folds.
Jepi_A raises [$20].
Kvitto calls [$20].
rentmoney folds.
Wistrand folds.
Sponger raises [$52].
Jepi_A folds.
Kvitto calls [$40].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8h, 7h, 7s ]
Sponger bets [$60].
Kvitto calls [$60].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jh ]
Sponger bets [$30].
Kvitto is all-In.
** Dealing River ** [ 2h ]
Sponger shows [ Ah, Ad ] a flush, ace high.
Kvitto shows [ 2d, 2s ] a full house, Twos full of sevens.

Voltron87
08-15-2005, 08:19 PM
[censored] happens dude, you can cry about it and feel sorry for yourself but that doesnt help the bottom line much

Riposte
08-15-2005, 08:19 PM
jesus... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

punter11235
08-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Its possible that you are losing player there its pretty severe swing...
With only 3.7k left I would definitely moved down for a while. Try to post more hands here.
Also be sure to watch out for few things which are very common errors in 6max game :
-being too aggressive, generaly you should be just a little more aggressive in 6max game; people really hate to fold anything there because they expect you to bluff often; often firing second barell after missing flop is common example; forget about it unless you have very good read; if you feel that your bets are called by crap , just play very ABC against these players.
-playing trash hands
-playing trash from SB
-automatically folding pp after not hiting a set

What is interesting about these stats is that you are not making money with your strongest hands.. its really strange; post more hands when you are delt this AX or AA hands.

Best wishes

imported_anacardo
Volt remains sarcasm-deficient.

And God..... damn is that a sick hand.

Sponger15SB
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] happens dude, you can cry about it and feel sorry for yourself but that doesnt help the bottom line much

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm just not really sure what do now. Its kinda demoralizing to lose a ton of money in 4k hands, and still suck, and not want to post hands.

Anyone want to come over to my house and watch me play poker and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

winky51
08-15-2005, 08:24 PM
I play 2 tables NL $200 and I don't have a problem. I did play $400 and it was tougher but I still could beat it. 1st sessions I made $285 there.

1. Take your time thinking about if your way ahead, way behind, little ahead or behind. I make bets that don't give odds but at the same time let me lose the least if I am being trapped. I rarely go all in.

2. Replay the hand in your head and how long they took to think about their hands and their betting pattern/style. Its an indication of what they are doing. usually small bets mean weak hands. Strong bets means strong hands.

3. Pay attention to the players. What the table's PF raise limit is for calling and folding. If they are LAGs trap, passive calling stations bet bet bet and if raised you can be sure you are behind. Also pay attention to the morons. Some players think on 1 level so don't try any fancy out thinking plays on them or they might just move all in with top pair Q (QA under) on a SUPER dangerous board and have only KK fearing now they got the flush or straight.

Always stay maxed at $200 if you lose.

Dont sit to the right of the LAGs.

Read Harrington's books, improved my game 1000%. I went from being confused half the time to knowing the right play 90% of the time.

http://www.texasholdempoker-stats.com/thp_books.html

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is interesting about these stats is that you are not making money with your strongest hands.. its really strange; post more hands when you are delt this AX or AA hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ As Ad ]
Sponger raises [$8].
Fjolset folds.
poorpez folds.
vinnyc47 folds.
SirLeo folds.
Cracka23 folds.
Sponger does not show cards.
Sponger wins $11

seriously though give me a moment

Voltron87
08-15-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm just not really sure what do now. Its kinda demoralizing to lose a ton of money in 4k hands, and still suck, and not want to post hands.

Anyone want to come over to my house and watch me play poker and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

take a break for a couple days, excercise, go running or something, get really drunk, thats my tilt cycle. works well for me. excercise really makes you feel better.

tomorrows a new day, you have to really believe that and take a new starting point, you can do anything about the past, the future is all you can control.

and post more hands, and more importantly, write your thought process, this is 10x more valuable than copying a hand and hearing someone say "fold teh tu3n duh!", even if that advice is correct.

AllIn3High
08-15-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. I lost $1000 very quickly at $200NL 6-max (set over set, flush over flush, QQ rivering a set vs my KK etc.) and then proceeded to tilt almost all of my bankroll away while still running moderately bad - DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. I had to move all the way back down to $50NL. Move back down to $100NL for a couple thousand hands and re-evaluate your game and your play in all big hands (not just the ones you lost).

Good luck.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Ok, like here are my massive 13 hands with AKs, the big loss was A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif on a J /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif against KK and I decided I was going to get crazy.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4084/aks2xi.jpg

Here is the second biggest loss:

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
rnjunlimited folds.
Villian [$2].
TheJungOne folds.
mlh1949 calls [$1].
Sponger raises [$8].
Villian calls [$8].
mlh1949 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Sponger checks.
Villian [$15].
Sponger raises [$40].
Villian calls [$25].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Sponger checks.
Villian checks.
** Dealing River ** [ T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Sponger checks.
Villian checks.
Sponger shows [ Ks, As ] a pair of tens.
Villian shows [ Kc, 8c ] two pairs, tens and eights.

Villian had been pushing me around a little bit and I thought he was LAG, he ended up settling to 29vpip/6pfr and I thought he would most likely fold to this raise on the flop. I didn't want to fire a second barrel. Oh well.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:36 PM
I hadn't been playing with Villian long but he seemed pretty dumb, he was 44vpip/16pfr

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
jcmoneybags calls [$2].
DeBat folds.
CallMeLisa folds.
Sponger raises [$9].
Samuhajen calls [$8].
jcmoneybags folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3:spades:, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Sponger bets [$15].
Samuhajen raises [$30].
Sponger calls [$15].
** Dealing Turn ** [ J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Sponger checks.
Samuhajen bets [$40].
Sponger calls [$40].
** Dealing River ** [ 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Sponger checks.
Samuhajen bets [$80].
Sponger calls [$80]

Voltron87
08-15-2005, 08:39 PM
checkraise more or fold, i usually fold

once you checkraise that is a push turn for shure

otherwise unless you have a read specific read on the guy like "fires at flops with nothing and thinks im tight" this is a check fold for me.

passion
08-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I have noticed significant differences in the play between the Party and Skins 100 NL 6-max game and the 200 NL 6-max game. Personally, I have been doing very well at the 100NL level (with a ton of variance though), but have not been able to establish a good foothold in the 200NL game. I haven't really lost any money, but I haven't won any either. For the time being I've given trying to move up.

In contrast to the way you play, I play rather Laggy at both levels. I find that this works much better a the 100NL levels as there is a lot more weak play and lower blinds make it possible to play around in a pot without sinking a ton of money (and a large potion of a 100BB stack) in a pot. I find that at the 200NL level I run into a lot more ball busters that will contenst pots to the pf raiser. At 100NL its much easier (and cheaper) to buy the pot. When the Laggy play has worked well for me at the 200 NL levels it has been when I managed to build a large 3x buy in stack. I think if I could consistently get to 3x the buy in without busting out too much I would be fine. The problem I am having is getting there. It seems a lot harder for me to get to $600 in the 200 NL game than it is for me to get to $300 (or even $400) in the 100NL game.

One other thing I noticed about 200NL is that there is a lot more thinking and the hands take much longer to play (on average). This agues for the 100NL game.

Because I need semi reliable poker income for the time being, and I am doing so well at the 100NL level, I am going to stay there for the time being. When I can afford not to make money playing poker for a month or two and have a solid bankroll of 20 buyins I'm going to take a good stab and moving up.

Honestly, I would have been much better off moving up to 200 NL when Party made the change from 50BB stacks to 100BB stacks. I was doing well at the 50BB stack game at with 1/2 blinds, but when they made the change they didn't spread enough 200NL games so I moved down and reworked my game.

Passion

Voltron87
08-15-2005, 08:41 PM
cr the turn all in, if he has some weird 2 pair [censored] i lose

that is my default "i got minraised on the flop with a hand i want to get all in with line"

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:42 PM
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
MolsonEh folds.
ppisfun folds.
Sponger raises [$6].
Kcon04 calls [$6].
o9oo9 calls [$5].
bbremner folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
o9oo9 checks.
Sponger bets [$10].
Kcon04 folds.
o9oo9 calls [$10].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
o9oo9 checks.
Sponger bets [$25].
o9oo9 calls [$25].
** Dealing River ** [ 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
o9oo9 is all-In.
Sponger calls [$127.15].

Villian is extremely stupid. I saw him throw out weak ass bluff earlier against someone else, I wish I could find the hand history to prove it, but basically, this guy was dumb... so, does he have me beat here???

Also.... this hand was 6 hands after the above hand one....

I figured this to be a typical "way ahead, way behind scenario" so I let him bet it for me... bad idea?

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ T/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
ppisfun folds.
Sponger raises [$6].
Kcon04 calls [$6].
o9oo9 calls [$6].
bbremner folds.
MolsonEh folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Sponger checks.
Kcon04 bets [$6].
o9oo9 calls [$6].
Sponger calls [$6].
** Dealing Turn ** [ K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Sponger checks.
Kcon04 bets [$8].
o9oo9 calls [$8].
Sponger calls [$8].
** Dealing River ** [ 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Sponger checks.
Kcon04 checks.
o9oo9 bets [$65].
Sponger calls [$65].

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:47 PM
No reads.....

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
jimscoggins folds.
Schlitz34 folds.
sgu80 folds.
T1141529 folds.
Sponger raises [$5].
pocketsmagee calls [$4].
** Dealing Flop ** [ J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Sponger checks.
pocketsmagee bets [$5].
Sponger calls [$5].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Sponger bets [$10].
pocketsmagee calls [$10].
** Dealing River ** [ 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Sponger bets [$20].
pocketsmagee raises [$60].

punter11235
08-15-2005, 08:48 PM
little strange you went very aggro with AK and very passive with AA. I think that 3betting with AA is obligatory here (or calling and leading the turn).
Also avoid overplaying overcards, ppl really hate to fold here (and for good reason).
Maybe try to play more ABC without going fancy too often. Bet your hands which can be good, give up after turn if not improved (like AK); raise your good hands; fold your weak hands etc...
Hope we will see more hands in the future /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:49 PM
How about something silly like this, is there any different ammount you'd guys bet or how would you play it differently...

Dealt to Sponger [ A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
TheSickle1 raises [$5].
lovetheflush folds.
blairaj folds.
APISCIONE folds.
MYS1122 calls [$4].
Sponger calls [$3].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
MYS1122 checks.
Sponger bets [$8].
TheSickle1 calls [$8].
MYS1122 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Sponger bets [$25].
TheSickle1 calls [$25].
** Dealing River ** [ 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Sponger bets [$60].

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
little strange you went very aggro with AK and very passive with AA. I think that 3betting with AA is obligatory here (or calling and leading the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]

I very rarely 3-bet hands on the flop unless I've got something like Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif on a Q /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif board.

I figure on that AA hand I'd just let them go nuts with something shitty if I'm going to end up all in anyways? Please tell me how stupid this is I guess...

Voltron87
08-15-2005, 08:52 PM
A

raise to 8, what is this six business?

i play this more passively, dunno if im correct, but either way i dont have a problem getting it all in with relatively (in the big scheme) short stacks against a lag.

B

again... 6 is the devils number

against 2 opponents im not too excited to get big heat, i dont mind passive play. maybe a flop raise. im not as sure in this hand, but im not crazy about stacking here against 2 people.

addendum

dont just say "villain was dumb". that is not a read". "villain calls too much preflop and overplays one pair hands, though is fairly passive and doesnt bluff". now that is a read.

and stack sizes are kinda important.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:54 PM
How about something like this? I've just created a masive pot OOP with 1 pair....

(stack sizes cause I guess this is important)
Seat 4: Sponger ( $195 )
Seat 3: chinamanal ( $192.95 )

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
sixpack0224 calls [$2].
rush23 folds.
ninersbaby raises [$7].
chinamanal calls [$9].
Sponger calls [$8].
SA_Tiger folds.
sixpack0224 calls [$7].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Sponger bets [$15].
sixpack0224 folds.
ninersbaby folds.
chinamanal calls [$15].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Sponger checks.
chinamanal bets [$60].
Sponger folds.
chinamanal does not show cards.
chinamanal wins $127

Voltron87
08-15-2005, 08:56 PM
flop= checkraise

if it gets checked around and that turn comes, and there is action, fold

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dont just say "villain was dumb". that is not a read". "villain calls too much preflop and overplays one pair hands, though is fairly passive and doesnt bluff". now that is a read.

and stack sizes are kinda important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I would tell you my read at the time if I could find the hands, somehow they weren't imported by PT, it basically involved him calling the flop and turn with a crap hand and then betting when checked to on a scary board, other guy folded and he showed his total garbage which wasn't even a draw.

The stack sizes can be inferred in the first hand, on the second hand, I have $200 and he has more than that.

punter11235
08-15-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
flop= checkraise

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron, there must be sth to that... We attended the same school of NL or just read the same books ?

Best wishes

08-15-2005, 09:27 PM
fwiw I've played ~20k hands at party, and was barely above break even 1-2 BB/100, I've played ~30k hands at UB and am at 6-7 BB/100 (don't know exactly because I have 2 different databases on 2 comptuers)

08-15-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Read Harrington's books, improved my game 1000%. I went from being confused half the time to knowing the right play 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. HOH V1 rox.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So just volume 1? Should I get the 2nd one also?

Allinlife
08-15-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So just volume 1? Should I get the 2nd one also?

[/ QUOTE ]

you will have much more luck with both of Bob Ciaffon's books, PL/NL w/ Stewert Rueben and Improve your poker.

HOH1 stuff are farily elementary. HOH2 is a must for all MTT players.

Voltron87
08-15-2005, 11:29 PM
i read parts of hoh 1 and 2, they dont seem all that great. pretty basic, and there is some very debatable stuff, i was not all that impressed.

Lawrence Ng
08-15-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about something like this? I've just created a masive pot OOP with 1 pair....

** Dealing down cards **
sixpack0224 calls [$2].
rush23 folds.
ninersbaby raises [$7].
chinamanal calls [$9].
Sponger calls [$8].
SA_Tiger folds.
sixpack0224 calls [$7].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Sponger bets [$15].
sixpack0224 folds.
ninersbaby folds.
chinamanal calls [$15].
Sponger checks.
chinamanal bets [$60].
Sponger folds.
chinamanal wins $127

[/ QUOTE ]

You are OOP in a 4 handed matchup preflop. Re-raise to $30. Calling is brutal here.

You either pot that flop or check-raise that flop, you do not lead out for less than 1/2 the flop. It gives odds galore for them to chase.

Bet 2/3 of the pot on the turn no matter what card falls. Checking is begging for trouble unless you are trapping which you are not.

Be the aggressor. Your VPIP needs to be in the 20's, not 17%.

I wanna see you kick some ass now.

Lawrence

thatpfunk
08-16-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You are OOP in a 4 handed matchup preflop. Re-raise to $30. Calling is brutal here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, reraising is horrible.

xcrack999
08-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Wow, a little over break even with AA after getting dealt 23 times. That's just sick.

winky51
08-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Hell yea! It targets end game and heads up. Really opened my eyes on heads up. Before I read I found myself slowly discovering what Harrington was talking about. Now I know I was on the right road but he drove me forward 50 miles to be a better heads up players.

BobboFitos
08-19-2005, 11:50 PM
since you channeled me, 4k hands means nothing.

vpip is so low. i hope thats straight 6max and nothing shorter or else you're passing far too many profitable situations.

JaBlue
08-19-2005, 11:55 PM
I would try loosening up. Tight ABC play is best left for full ring in my opinion.

BobboFitos
08-19-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

** Dealing down cards **
sixpack0224 calls [$2].
rush23 folds.
ninersbaby raises [$7].
chinamanal calls [$9].
Sponger calls [$8].
SA_Tiger folds.
sixpack0224 calls [$7].
Sponger bets [$15].
sixpack0224 folds.
ninersbaby folds.
chinamanal calls [$15].
Sponger checks.
chinamanal bets [$60].
Sponger folds.
chinamanal wins $127

[/ QUOTE ]

everything was good until you folded, my man.

Voltron87
08-19-2005, 11:56 PM
what is loosen up to you?

you can do great in 200 nl 6m with 20 10 stats.

BobboFitos
08-19-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you can do better with 30/15

Voltron87
08-20-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couple questions...

sure you can make g's playing 30 15, but is it really a good idea to recommend it to someone struggling? deep end of the pool etc.

BobboFitos
08-20-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couple questions...

sure you can make g's playing 30 15, but is it really a good idea to recommend it to someone struggling? deep end of the pool etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
you're right

JaBlue
08-20-2005, 12:12 AM
His numbers for 6max remind me of my full ring numbers before I quit that. Maybe I'm a loose bastard but I just can't imagine playing that tight.

I play 35-40% of my hands, but I think 25% would be fine for spongy.

PS I am talking out of my ass and know ver ylittle about stats, poker tracker, etc. The main thing is that he looks very tight and I kind of inferred weak tight which would be disastrous for 6max.