PDA

View Full Version : River Decision with AA

Moozh
08-15-2005, 07:06 PM
So this is a fairly specific question about the river raise, but I'm open to any comments this hand brings. Usually I don't like to post AA hands because I feel you can only play aces so poorly, but this is a good example of how I've been trying to get some extra bets out of my good hands. Am I ahead on the river enough to 3-bet? What hands am I looking at here? Villian is somewhat weak (and a bit loose).

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets...</font>

me454555
08-15-2005, 07:24 PM
What range of hands do you put the vilain on?

I like the turn play but I just call the river checkraise and expect to be shown a 4

Moozh
08-15-2005, 07:36 PM
I pretty much had it limited to KJ and KK myself (maaaybe AK or KQ), but that may be a bit too narrow a view. I didn't think he'd have a 4 because of his tightish raising standards and the fact that he raised pre-flop out of position. I didn't think KK was likely because he didn't cap it pre-flop, but that might have been reading too much into his preflop actions.

me454555
08-15-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't want to believe he's got a 4 either but checkraising the turn and river is a mighty strong play. Unless he's uberaggro I can't see him doing this w/TP

jba
08-15-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to believe he's got a 4 either but checkraising the turn and river is a mighty strong play. Unless he's uberaggro I can't see him doing this w/TP

[/ QUOTE ]

poker players lie

this guy just bet you $6 that had a strong hand that doesn't include anything as silly as a 4 in it

then a couple seconds later he bets you $24 dollars that he has a four. tend to believe the $24 bet more.