PDA

View Full Version : AKs 3-betted on flop

donkey
08-15-2005, 05:59 PM
2/4 NL full table

Villain has 500, I have him covered. Villain is predictable and pretty bad.

I raise to 16 in CO with AcKc. Villain calls in BB.

(pot size: 34) Flop is AdQc8h. Villain leads for 20. I raise to 60. Villain min re-raises to 100. I call.

(pot size: 234) Turn is Kh. Villain bets 100. What's my move?

on the flop I put villain most likely on AQ. also possible is set of 8's. he would definitely re-raise preflop with QQ or AK. he has made some fishy plays before though so AJ and other Arag could be in his arsenal.

djoyce003
08-15-2005, 06:02 PM
really boils down to math. QQ is probably unlikely as is AA. The question is does he have AQ and A8 more than he has 88. The answer is probably yes. I'd call the turn bet, see what he does on the river. Raising the turn lets him get away from a worse 2 pair easier I think. I'd also do my best to spike an ace on the river. He could have flopped a double gutter with j 10 which has you creamed right now.

lapoker17
08-15-2005, 06:05 PM
What was the goal of your flop raise?

Allinlife
08-15-2005, 06:06 PM
donkey think for your self.
you gave us a pretty thorough analysis on villan's range of hands. since you are going broke here against all the better hands (most liekly 88), you should call here and get the rest on the river since a turn raise will scare off Ax's.

if you are going broke in a hand, try to think how to extract the most from hands you beat next time.