PDA

View Full Version : Avatar rant

bdk3clash
08-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Don't just copy the URL of an image you want to use as your avatar. At the very least make sure the image you use is the same height and width, since rectangular images show up all distorted when resized to 80x80.

Ideally, resize it to an 80x80 jpeg to save bandwidth and load time. You can host it at imageshack.us or wherever.

ILL34GL3
08-15-2005, 05:53 PM
You should at least post instructions on how to accomplish what you're whining about. Not everyone knows how to edit images.

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Load times are not a problem for me. I actualy like it when I can copy and paste the URL of an avatar and see a bigger version of it. 80 x 80 is sometimes too small to see what's going on. I could have easily changed my picture on the left to an 80 x 80 version, but I figured I'd let savvy people copy and paste the URL and see me in all my beauty.

bdk3clash
08-15-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should at least post instructions on how to accomplish what you're whining about. Not everyone knows how to edit images.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone this dumb shouldn't have an avatar.

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Um...Just use MS Paint to do it. Under image, you can stretch/skew, so you want to make both sides smaller, almost always in the same proportion. You can also check under image, attributes which will show you how many pixels high and wide the picture is. Just stretch/skew until you get to 80 x 80.

www.imageshack.us (http://www.imageshack.us) is the website to use to host pictures. Save as .jpg in MS Paint, since I'm pretty sure it defaults to .bmp.

ILL34GL3
08-15-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone that whines about a problem without having enough sense to post a constructive way to fix the problem is a certified idiot.

IndieMatty
08-15-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just called me dumb. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

bdk3clash
08-15-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry dude. The truth hurts.

Lazymeatball
08-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I prefer when people copy and post. I like to right click, view picture for a bigger version of Macdaddy's crazy hat or Smiley's giant intimidating stare.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 06:13 PM
I forget who it was, but someone had an avatar that was actually a gigantic picture of lindsay lohan or something. Maybe PoBoy123? It was like almost a megabyte.

That kinda stuff bothers me.

spamuell
08-15-2005, 06:14 PM
resize it to an 80x80 jpeg to save bandwidth and load time

Never!

MyMindIsGoing
08-15-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more. They should not even own a computer.

stabn
08-15-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
resize it to an 80x80 jpeg to save bandwidth and load time

Never!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never resized mine either.

MyMindIsGoing
08-15-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actualy like it when I can copy and paste the URL of an avatar and see a bigger version of it. 80 x 80 is sometimes too small to see what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why copy and paste? Just drag the avatar to the adress field.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-15-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actualy like it when I can copy and paste the URL of an avatar and see a bigger version of it. 80 x 80 is sometimes too small to see what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why copy and paste? Just drag the avatar to the adress field.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or right-click and select "view image".

MrTrik
08-15-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry dude. The truth hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brainwalter
08-15-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Load times are not a problem for me. I actualy like it when I can ... see a bigger version of it. 80 x 80 is sometimes too small to see what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerdirty
08-15-2005, 08:29 PM
SIIHP (www.siihp.com)

bdk3clash
08-15-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SIIHP (http://www.siihp.com)

[/ QUOTE ]
(fixed your link)
And wow.

EliteNinja
08-16-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
(fixed your link)
And wow.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do I use that site?

Vavavoom
08-16-2005, 05:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow....thats good.... The SIIHP website....lol!!

Phill S
08-16-2005, 09:55 AM
What does SIIHP mean?

Phill
ps, yes i know i suck for not knowing already.

Rev. Good Will
08-16-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't make fun of mat sklansky like that

sfer
08-16-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone that whines about a problem without having enough sense to post a constructive way to fix the problem is a certified idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point knife toward your sternum. Plunge.

BottlesOf
08-16-2005, 10:34 AM
I disagree. In some cases the desired effect depends on having a distorted/ridiculous image.

RacersEdge
08-16-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think knowing how to edit an image is a sign of intelligence - just a sign you probably have too much time on your hands.

08-16-2005, 06:27 PM
"avatar" I don't like that word it just sounds shitty to me. It's a crummy word

Many