PDA

View Full Version : Standard Fold

deception5
08-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Stars 2/4 6-max. Villian is a TAG.

I am dealt Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP.

Preflop:
Villian (UTG)raises, I 3-bet, LP fish calls, Villian calls.

Flop is 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif .
Villian checks, hero bets, fish calls, villian calls.

Turn is J /images/graemlins/club.gif .
Check/bet/call/call.

River is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif . Villian checks, hero bets, fish calls, villian raises...

Clear fold?

me454555
08-15-2005, 05:49 PM
No. Pot is too big to fold. If he's really got a J, why not flop or turn bet?

jason_t
08-15-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a J bet the flop?

deception5
08-15-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought here was slowplayed monster or something like AJ. He check/called the flop with overs and improved on the turn. Still wasn't sure whether he was ahead but wanted me to keep bluffing with overs if he was but not risk me raising if he was behind.

I couldn't think of what he could check/raise me with on the river that I beat as he'd have to know the fish is going to call regardless and that if I have overcards there's a good chance I'll check behind.

It's possible he could do this with 88-TT, but I think he has to expect to be called by a better hand here too often to make this profitable.

goofball
08-16-2005, 06:51 PM
It could be a slowplayed 44, but it's also just a tard move enough times to call. The pot is huge.

wackjob
08-16-2005, 07:00 PM
I don't think I can ever fold here. The pot is big & too many idiots are just bluffing or raising with a PP < QQ