PDA

View Full Version : Buddy list worthy (Part 2)

08-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Just read a hilarious post by djoyce about a huge donk who put a brutal beat on a set of 5's. It was funny, but this is the funniest NL story I've ever seen. I was watching my friend play NL$50 (6 handed) on stars the other day, and this is what happened:

Villain is an extremely LAGgy donk, who is ultra aggressive. Stats are roughly 65/25/5 (his flop AF is 8 (!!!)). This is the type of player you want at your table. He bets everything, and is pretty horrid postflop. He'll bet draws, bluffs, you name it. Hero is a very solid player, with stats of about 24/14. A TAG, winning player.

Hero is MP ($65) A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain is UTG ($45) (Hand will be revealed later...)

Preflop: <font color="red"> Villain (UTG) raises to $2, Hero reraises to $6</font> folds around to villain who calls.

Hero's thought process with reraising with AQs is that he figured he had the best hand against this LAG and wanted to isolate. Seems valid...

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villain checks, <font color="red"> Hero raises $9, villain pushes</font>

Hero is thinking that, while villain may be on a draw, such as A /images/graemlins/heart.gifx, and may even be completely bluffing, it still probably isn't positive EV and definately not worth the risk. Seems like an easy fold for Hero. Hero goes to push the "Fold" button.......

OH SHEET! Hero misclicks and calls all in bet.

Hero's now thinking, oh man, OK. This isn't the end of the world. He may be drawing. Hopefully, I'll dodge a huge bullet.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero thinks, damnit, I lost this one.

River: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Cards flip. Hero see's that not only does God truly exist, but that he is in fact watching out for him. Villain held J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. The pot is chopped with Hero and Villain both having a flush. The table is going crazy. Hero is extremely embarassed. Villain is flipping out.

Funniest thing I have ever seen on a poker table...

djoyce003
08-15-2005, 05:20 PM
pretty good one.

DoomSlice
08-15-2005, 05:52 PM
So is it you who I put on my buddy list?