PDA

View Full Version : Way to make a Skin show BETS??? And Moving up help

CourtJester
08-15-2005, 05:11 PM
I was reading a post the other day about a person moving from .5/1 to 1/2 online and he said that he had a bit of a problem. He was pretty overrolled and seemed to have the skill and mentality except for one thing. He had a slight mental block with the pot size in 1/2, and it would slightly distract his playing. I have heard this around a bit, and it happens to me too, everytime i take a dip into 1/2 as i have the bankroll aswell but the pot size gets into my wayt a little bit. Everytime im in a pot at 1/2, i still count the bets, but the money just affects me a little more than i would like. I know that poker is a psycological game and i could probably wait this block out, but im sure this idea would help a lot of people move up more comfortably. I believe that if there was a way to make poker programs show BETS instead of $$ in the pot (like the converter), a lot of people would have a lot easier time moving up in limits. Any thoughts on the topic or people to try this would be appreciated. Thanks 2+2.

UATrewqaz
08-15-2005, 05:26 PM
This was probably my post (I posted pretty much the content of the post you mentioned but it could have been someone else).

I'm grossly over rolled for .5/1 and 1/2 and need to go to 2/4 soon but hte pot size gets me freaked, I'm like $70 in the pot AHHHH! etc.

So my idea was, and many liked it, was to somehow modify the display of hte table such that no dollar amounts at all displayed, basically all chips had either .5 or 1 written on them and the pot simply displayed the number of bets currently in it.

AKA at a 2/4 table a $41.50 pot would say 10.375 BB.

It's a GREAT idea however the problem is this would most likely require changes to the actual .exe or .dll files of Party Poker (unlike swapping out the image or sound files which is easy). Modification of these binary files is most likely a huge no-no in the terms of service.

We could all SUGGEST this as a feature they could add to their software...

tiltaholic
08-15-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was reading a post the other day about a person moving from .5/1 to 1/2 online and he said that he had a bit of a problem. He was pretty overrolled and seemed to have the skill and mentality except for one thing. He had a slight mental block with the pot size in 1/2, and it would slightly distract his playing. I have heard this around a bit, and it happens to me too, everytime i take a dip into 1/2 as i have the bankroll aswell but the pot size gets into my wayt a little bit. Everytime im in a pot at 1/2, i still count the bets, but the money just affects me a little more than i would like. I know that poker is a psycological game and i could probably wait this block out, but im sure this idea would help a lot of people move up more comfortably. I believe that if there was a way to make poker programs show BETS instead of $$ in the pot (like the converter), a lot of people would have a lot easier time moving up in limits. Any thoughts on the topic or people to try this would be appreciated. Thanks 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about we all just learn to count and divide and multiply?

seriously. winning at poker does take work sometimes.

note - i understand what and why you are saying but come on now...