PDA

View Full Version : Blacking out sucks.

brassnuts
08-15-2005, 04:32 PM
So a few friends and I went to Big Bear this weakend. For the drive home I decided to get hammered in the passenger seat. I had about half of a 375ml bottle of Jack, and an entire 375ml bottle of Captain Morgans during the four hour trip.

We got back around 9:30 at night and get called by some chicks going bowling at Zodo's. Had a few more beers at the bar there. I don't remember a single thing past maybe the 2nd frame of my 2nd game. I [censored] hate the feeling of not knowing what happened. I've done some foolish things while blacked out and I just hope I didn't make a complete ass out of myself last night. My buddy who I went with is at work, so I'm going to have to wait til around 6 o'clock before I get a heads up on what took place. Also, apparently I ended up at Denny's because I have a pocket full of Denny's sugar packets.

IndieMatty
08-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Sigh. You'll grow out of it.

Or develop a sick drinking problem that will ruin your life.

billyjex
08-15-2005, 04:35 PM
i've had this happen too much. and man, whenever i get blacked out is when i do the stupidiest [censored] as well..

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Blacking out sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

...not as much as waking up the next morning.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Just drink beer instead of hard alcohol, you won't black out.

asofel
08-15-2005, 04:38 PM
So true...I went to friends wedding this weekend...9pm - 3am are spotty at best...someone was congratulating me on chasing a maid of honor into the guys bathroom...i laughed until i realized they meant it...absolutely no recollection....

brassnuts
08-15-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh. You'll grow out of it.

Or develop a sick drinking problem that will ruin your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, for the most part, I have grown out of it. It's been a couple years since I last blacked out. Getting trashed on the drive home from a weekend fishing excursion just seemed fitting at the time.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So true...I went to friends wedding this weekend...9pm - 3am are spotty at best...someone was congratulating me on chasing a maid of honor into the guys bathroom...i laughed until i realized they meant it...absolutely no recollection....

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs pics. And don't say there are none...IT WAS A WEDDING!

Dudd
08-15-2005, 04:44 PM
It makes for decent stories though. I had my first blackout experience a week ago, and ended up on a bench in some suburb of London at 2 in the morning with a flight back to the US at 10 that same morning. Fun times.

asofel
08-15-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs pics. And don't say there are none...IT WAS A WEDDING!

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, true, and as soon as i can get some from a friend, i'll post them...

NobodysFreak
08-15-2005, 04:49 PM
The best part is when you go back to places where you've blacked out and everyone remembers you. I've been told that its very difficult to tell when I'm on auto-pilot so when I go back to a bar where I've blacked out, I like hearing about conversations in which I have no recollection.

Brainwalter
08-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Keep playing, player.

lu_hawk
08-15-2005, 04:56 PM
yeah i have something that has bothered me for awhile. back when i lived in CA there was this girl that i would hang out with every so often. i hung out with her for like a year overall but she was pretty low quality so i treated her like crap most of the time and never actually liked her. but she was ALWAYS super nice to me no matter what. if i had sex with her and didn't call her for the next month, doesn't matter she is still happy to hear from me. i tell her i have a legitimate girlfriend, doesn't matter she is still happy to hear from me and doesn't care. i say mean things to her while drunk so she will sleep at her place and not mine? doesn't matter, still happy to hear from me etc.

one night i blacked out while having sex with her. the next morning i woke up and she was not there. she never called me again, she never answered her phone when i called, and she never returned any attempt for me to communicate with her. that was about a year ago. i have no idea what i did, but i know it must have been bad and i really want to know what it was.

wayabvpar
08-15-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i have something that has bothered me for awhile. back when i lived in CA there was this girl that i would hang out with every so often. i hung out with her for like a year overall but she was pretty low quality so i treated her like crap most of the time and never actually liked her. but she was ALWAYS super nice to me no matter what. if i had sex with her and didn't call her for the next month, doesn't matter she is still happy to hear from me. i tell her i have a legitimate girlfriend, doesn't matter she is still happy to hear from me and doesn't care. i say mean things to her while drunk so she will sleep at her place and not mine? doesn't matter, still happy to hear from me etc.

one night i blacked out while having sex with her. the next morning i woke up and she was not there. she never called me again, she never answered her phone when i called, and she never returned any attempt for me to communicate with her. that was about a year ago. i have no idea what i did, but i know it must have been bad and i really want to know what it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you had a Trainspotting-style 'accident'. That would probably do it. Either that or your tried to SIIHP without permission.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Either that or your tried to SIIHP without permission.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my guess.

Soul Daddy
08-15-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, for the most part, I have grown out of it. It's been a couple years since I last blacked out. Getting trashed on the drive home from a weekend fishing excursion just seemed fitting at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
If getting that [censored] up on the ride home from a weekend trip seems appropriate, I don't think you've quite grown out of it.

It is a horrible feeling though. I've only done it three times, and the stories the next day were never pretty.

08-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Nah, I think he killed her and buried her in the dumpster... just doesn't remember- easy defense.