PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions

MikeyEdge
08-15-2005, 04:28 PM
This isn't spam, seriously. I need to know what you guys think of this website I put together. Do you think poker players would be interested in buying this stuff. I need to know if I should put any more time/effort/money into this site. Any comments would be appreciated. Get yourself a nice +EV mousepad while you're there.
Thanks.

www.badbeatking.com (http://www.badbeatking.com)

drewjustdrew
08-15-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't care for the merchandise. IMO, serious poker players are too shrewd/cheap to spend money on this type of stuff, and it's possible the increase in casual players has bubbled somewhat (though I have no proof, keep that in mind).

I think poker apparrel can be successful, but it needs to be more creative than the items I saw there.

DeadMoneyOC
08-15-2005, 06:00 PM
The +EV stuff is pretty cool. I buy tons of random bs though. This may include the mousepad and the hat...lol.

Jordan Olsommer
08-15-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think poker apparrel can be successful, but it needs to be more creative than the items I saw there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I thought that was the most creative poker apparel I've seen yet. Of course, that's not saying a whole hell of a lot, but in the Special Olympics that is the poker apparel market, you're in line for the gold, chap! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Until they start selling "ULTIMATE FILLMAFF" shirts, that is. I want one of those so bad.

James Boston
08-15-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm probably alone on this, but here's something I think would be a cool item: old-school images of Amarillo Slim (i.e. early WSOP photos) with some of his well-know sayings super-impossed on the print. Just a thought. I'm sure there are probably some copyright/likeness issues to work through.

nothumb
08-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Some of these are pretty good. Some not so much. Keep getting feedback on your designs. Main problem is, I think you're catering to a pretty small market.

I like the +EV stuff too, but again, limited appeal.

NT

balt999
08-16-2005, 12:47 AM
I personally like the merchandise, but like anything to want to sell, you definately need to market it correctly. I think the causual poker observer would by it...not sure about the serious player

youtalkfunny
08-16-2005, 04:48 AM
Wow.

I can't imagine any parent buying baby poker gear.

Nor can I imagine anyone spending $21 for a poster.

But what do I know?

drewjustdrew
08-16-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow.

I can't imagine any parent buying baby poker gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess again! (http://www.tshirthell.com/babyhell.shtml)

stigmata
08-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Something like Jordan Olsommer avatar would make a good t-shirt!