PDA

View Full Version : 33 preflop: I call a raise, then an all-in

08-15-2005, 04:27 PM
I make the first call thinking it's not too much to call. Should I have actually reraised (if so, how much) or the just folded? Then it's back to me w/ UTG having folded. How's the call of the all-in?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t5715)
BB (t1100)
UTG (t5175)
Button (t1510)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t350</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t300, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1100</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls t750.

Jbrochu
08-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Unless UTG been raising nearly every pot, I probably fold this pre-flop at this stage of the game. Unless you hit your trips, you're going to have a really tough time playing this hand post flop against another big stack.

If UTG has been raising nearly every pot including my blinds, I would consider putting in a big re-raise to maybe around 1000 to 1,100 to try and send a message. If he's been raising a lot but staying away from my blinds - I probably fold this.

Once you call and the BB goes all in, you're getting better than 2 to 1 to call. If he has any pocket pair other than deuces, you're a 4 to 1 dog. Two overs and it's a coin flip. If I had reads and thought this guy was clever enough to be pulling a squeeze play, thereby increasing the chance he only holds two overs, I call but I don't really like it.

If he's been tight as a drum, I probably fold but don't really like that either.

This is one of those spots I kick myself for getting into. I would love to see some other responses to this post as I'm "on the fence" myself...

Nick B.
08-15-2005, 07:26 PM
That's fine.