PDA

View Full Version : Can you fold a set on the river?

Vee Quiva
08-15-2005, 03:36 PM
$33 on Party 10-15 blinds. No reads. 9 players left.

Hero has 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in small blind.

utg+1 call, utg+3 call, button calls, Hero completes, and BB checks.

75 in pot to flop. 5 players.
Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets 15. Everyone calls.
I was looking to reraise all in. I guess I was suffering from fancy play syndrome.

150 in pot. 5 players to turn.

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet 125. BB folds. UTG plus 1 calls and UTG plus 3 calls. Button folds.

525 in pot to river. 3 players.

River 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check. UTG + 1 bets 225. UTG+3 calls. Do you make this call?

Would a check have been better on the flop or should I have led out with a bigger bet?

Freudian
08-15-2005, 03:41 PM
No way I would fold this river. I think calling instead of pushing is fine though.

pokerlaw
08-15-2005, 03:44 PM
that flop bet made me throw up in my mouth.

call the bet on the river.

Maulik
08-15-2005, 03:44 PM
I would have bet t50 on the flop. youre min bet smells like strength. You can still re-raise all-in if you get what you want or you build a large pot and commit your stack on the turn.

Socrates
08-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah, if you lost this hand you deserved it. You bet 15 into 75 with 2 diamonds on the flop. Talk about giving someone odds to draw...have to bet 50 or the pot on the flop, as for the call, yes you have to make it.

Hendricks433
08-15-2005, 03:49 PM
UTG3 I wouldnt be too worried about. Id bet more on the flop. Someone could easily have the straight after seeing the turn fo so cheap. I bet like 70 or 75 on the flop. Lots of chances for straight draws and flush draws. I really dont know what I would do. I think id go with my gut feeling in this spot.

Isura
08-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Bet out or check/raise the flop. WTF were you thinking minbetting into 4 people. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

River is really easy. 2 flushes missed, only the straight is dangerous. Call this and except to win.

citanul
08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River is really easy. 2 flushes missed, only the straight is dangerous. Call this and except to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

expect even.

citanul, doin irie proud.

08-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Cant fold the river, but you should not have put yourself in such a tight situation. Either check the flop and then decide after others actions what to do, because a straight and flush have about the same odds of hitting as you hitting a full house. Or bet the flop harder and thin out the field. I personally would check it, and assuming that someone raised about the pot I would reraise. After that I would raise the turn substantially.

valenzuela
08-15-2005, 04:09 PM
I bet the flop very strongly..probably around 100...how can u bet 15??? QK, dude with two diamons, everyone is seeing an almost free card.. that said I think calling on the river is better.

Vee Quiva
08-15-2005, 05:49 PM
In case anyone is still interested.....utg+1 had nothing and was on a stone cold bluff with no hope of a draw. utg+3 had 10-9 for a pair of tens. You guys were all way smarter than me on this hand.

I panicked when there was a call. If it was just one bet into me, I would have made the call easily. With 2 callers I assumed at least one of them had a straight. As you can imagine, I was a little hot after I saw the crap they both turned over.

I guess it's good to get a reminder once in a while how bad the players are at Party and not to give them too much credit.