PDA

View Full Version : Costco

stankybank
08-15-2005, 03:33 PM
this place (http://www.costco.com/) for all you noobs.

anyhow, some of my favorite food items here are the rotisserie chicken, taquitos (delimex steak brand?), and some of their steaks.

I usually get some Soy Milk as well.

What does your typical list look like?

JaBlue
08-15-2005, 03:35 PM
the point of costco is to buy the absolute biggest quantity of something that you can, not to buy single rotisserie chickens and steaks.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 03:36 PM
My favorite item is whatever samples they're handing out that day. Drives the wife crazy. She shops while I run from sample stand to sample stand eating a bunch of crap. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 03:36 PM
I usually eat out, so when I go to costco I only buy stuff like Cheezits, Milk, Tortillas, Pepperjack Cheese, Muffins, etc.

However back when I used to "cook" I would buy the french bread pizza, which is incredible. Also potstickers and Taquitos.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the point of costco is to buy the absolute biggest quantity of something that you can, not to buy single rotisserie chickens and steaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, god has spoken.

Ok everyone, we can go home now....

shant
The chicken bakes are rad. So are tons of free samples.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
and Taquitos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the giant boxes. Also, the stuffed jalepenos.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Of course the best thing about costco is the hotdog + drink for $1.62 (incl tax)

Shajen
08-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Is she not wearing anything under her apron?

SWEET. http://www.xeni.net/images/bm2003/costco.jpg

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is she not wearing anything under her apron?

SWEET. http://www.xeni.net/images/bm2003/costco.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap!!! Where was this?

sfer
08-15-2005, 03:39 PM
I've never gone to Costco and not eaten 2 hotdogs on the way out.

Shajen
08-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Looks to be Burning Man.

Damned hippies. She's moderately attractive though.

touchfaith
08-15-2005, 03:42 PM
It's all about getting the flatbed pushcart, seeing how much you can pile on and figuring out what you got when you get home (and finish your hot dogs).

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks to be Burning Man.

Damned hippies. She's moderately attractive though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's Burning Man? What's the story behind this pic? I will be lobbying hard for naked Costco workers here.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never gone to Costco and not eaten 2 hotdogs on the way out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not had the hot dogs. Should i try them? Are they really good? Are they worth saving some room for? maybe I'll forego my third trip to the toasted ravioli or crab salad sample cart next time.

irishpint
08-15-2005, 03:48 PM
OTTERPOPS

CHOCOLATE MILK

CHILI

dcasper70
08-15-2005, 03:49 PM
they have a seasoned whole porkloin that is fantastic.

I also like the gallon jugs of salsa and the giant bricks of velveeta. Nuke those together and you're set for the weekend!

Shajen
08-15-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What's Burning Man?

[/ QUOTE ]
A hippy fest where a bunch of hippy drug users go out to the middle of the desert, do a bunch of drugs and listen to hippy music. They also apparently burn a giant "man" one of the hippies made.

[ QUOTE ]
I will be lobbying hard for naked Costco workers here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good idea, and I'd vote for you.

<font color="white">wonder how long it'll take for someone to respond defending burning man? Not that I actually care at all about it. </font>

beerbandit
08-15-2005, 04:02 PM
i had never heard of this place before - i was out of town going to a party and needed some beer/booze

i saw this place and seeing the cart racks decided i cold buy some there --- walk in get the [censored] and stand in line ---- you need to be a member to buy [censored] [censored]

i didnt realize it was like sams club(which is what i use), they didnt check me at the door - so i just wandered not realizing that i was just wasting a bunch of time

[censored] you costco

love,
rob

ChipWrecked
08-15-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What's Burning Man?

[/ QUOTE ]
A hippy fest where a bunch of hippy drug users go out to the middle of the desert, do a bunch of drugs and listen to hippy music. They also apparently burn a giant "man" one of the hippies made.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">wonder how long it'll take for someone to respond defending burning man? Not that I actually care at all about it. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

One good thing about Burning Man is the website has lots of good desert camping tips.

However.

Hippies suck.

Edit: Christ! Hippie titty made me forget what the thread topic was.

I'm married with a kid. Giant portions of toilet paper, baby wipes and paper towels. And a few cases of Diet 7Up.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What's Burning Man?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One good thing about Burning Man is the website has lots of good desert camping tips.

However.

Hippies suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they all wear flip flops.

brassnuts
08-15-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've not had the hot dogs. Should i try them? Are they really good?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a hotdog.

brassnuts
08-15-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i had never heard of this place before - i was out of town going to a party and needed some beer/booze

i saw this place and seeing the cart racks decided i cold buy some there --- walk in get the [censored] and stand in line ---- you need to be a member to buy [censored] [censored]

i didnt realize it was like sams club(which is what i use), they didnt check me at the door - so i just wandered not realizing that i was just wasting a bunch of time

[censored] you costco

love,
rob

[/ QUOTE ]

You had never heard of Costco? Don't bash it just because you were raised in a barn or basement or something (they probably just don't have them where you were raised but I'm going to be an ass).

Also, you don't need to be a Costco member to buy alcohol. Federal law mandates that alcohol, prescription drugs, medical type stuff, and some other things have to be available to anyone. Don't exactly know why alcohol fits into that category, but it's great because all I really ever buy at Costco is alcohol.

beerbandit
08-15-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You had never heard of Costco? Don't bash it just because you were raised in a barn or basement or something (they probably just don't have them where you were raised but I'm going to be an ass).

[/ QUOTE ]

not barn, but we didnt have insulated windows --- we have sams club -- which seems to be close to the same thing

[ QUOTE ]

Also, you don't need to be a Costco member to buy alcohol. Federal law mandates that alcohol, prescription drugs, medical type stuff, and some other things have to be available to anyone. Don't exactly know why alcohol fits into that category, but it's great because all I really ever buy at Costco is alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

now i really [censored] hate costco, that [censored] at the check out line said i couldnt buy that [censored]

edit: i was in canada, i dont know if that makes a difference

meep_42
08-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Nice avatar.

-d

RunDownHouse
08-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I used to buy all my beer at Sam's Club (same thing as Costco) and on more than one occasion had to inform the cashier that I did not have to be a member to buy beer, and ask to see a manager if they continued to insist that I needed a membership.

offTopic
08-15-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyhow, some of my favorite food items here are the rotisserie chicken, taquitos (delimex steak brand?), and some of their steaks.

I usually get some Soy Milk as well.

What does your typical list look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ribs, when they have them. Lately, I've been getting the granola and/or the Aussie Bites (though those look pretty straightforward to make).

Costco cookies are terrific.

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Costco.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ribs, when they have them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last ribs iu got there were pretty good. but they have no clue about brisket. They trim all the fat off. You can't smoke a damn brisket w/ no fat on it.

wayabvpar
08-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Toilet Paper
Mach III razor replacement heads
Books
DVDs
Fresh bread
Beer/Wine/soda/other drinks

Usually a Polish Sausage dog with mustard, relish, and onions on the way out, and maybe a slice of pizza. Mmmmmm.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a hotdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are extremely good though, plus its only $1.62

Just grab one on the way out. Its a nice big dog on a sesame seed bun. Very yummy. I used to take my girlfriend there on our dates.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The extremely good part hooks me. The only $1.62 doesn't. You realize a whole pack of dogs is like half that much in the meat section?

wayabvpar
08-15-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The extremely good part hooks me. The only $1.62 doesn't. You realize a whole pack of dogs is like half that much in the meat section?

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of white trash ghetto dogs are you buying? Are those things made with horsemeat or something? The decent dogs are $2-$3 a pack minimum.

citanul
08-15-2005, 05:30 PM
the way your question is phrased, it should be like "what kind of meat are they, Unicorn?!"

they're talking about buying individual, cooked hotdogs, not a package of them.

citanul

Los Feliz Slim
08-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Diapers
Baby Wipes
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Laundry Detergent
Dish Detergent

The above all in quantities sufficient to see me through a 90-day siege.

Variably:
Toothbrush heads for the Oral-B
Beer
High-end liquor (Patron, single malts)
Wine
Hamburger
Fruit
Vegetables
Socks
Underwear
CD's
Soap

RollaJ
08-15-2005, 06:04 PM
frozen mozzarella sticks
Salsa
Steaks
Choc chip cookies

..........Super Sized TUMS-EX

brassnuts
08-15-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a hotdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just grab one on the way out. Its a nice big dog on a sesame seed bun. Very yummy. I used to take my girlfriend there on our dates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, dude, don't get me wrong. Back when I was a broke ass, I used to eat Costco hot dogs 2-4 times a week, standard. Half the time, I'd show up with 16 dimes and 2 pennies.

wayabvpar
08-15-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the way your question is phrased, it should be like "what kind of meat are they, Unicorn?!"

they're talking about buying individual, cooked hotdogs, not a package of them.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

The Costco Dogs are a great deal. I am talking about buying an entire pack of hotdogs for $.81 (1/2 of $1.62). To get them that cheap, you have to be buying some seriously low quality meat.

cadillac1234
08-15-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of white trash ghetto dogs are you buying? Are those things made with horsemeat or something? The decent dogs are $2-$3 a pack minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're Hebrew Nationals...Kosher is about as good and clean as a hotdog can get.

RollaJ
08-15-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...Kosher is about as good and clean as a hotdog can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic since kosher has nothing to do with good or clean /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

citanul
08-15-2005, 07:08 PM
kosher has everything to do with "clean."

citanul

RollaJ
08-15-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
kosher has everything to do with "clean."

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

From this Site (http://www.milechai.com/judaism/kosher.html)

<font color="red"> What Kosher is NOT:

The modern World has often thought the "laws of kosher" were based on hygiene. It was believed by some that kosher animals were healthier to eat than non-kosher animals. It was also noted that the laws of purity (Leviticus 11-15) not only describe the difference between clean and unclean animals, but also describe other phenomena related to health. Thus, it was natural for many to assume that all the laws of kashrut were merely hygienic in intent and origin. Also wrong is the belief that kosher means blessed by a Rabbi. </font>

<font color="red"> What Kosher is: Basically, Dietary laws or rules

Rules such as do not mix milk and meat to which animals you can eat. There is nothing intrinsically wicked about eating pork or lobster, and there is nothing intrinsically moral about eating cheese or chicken instead. But what the Jewish way of life does by imposing rules on our eating, sleeping, and working habits is to take the most common and mundane activities and invest them with deeper meaning, turning every one of them into an occasion for obeying (or disobeying) God. </font>

citanul
08-15-2005, 07:28 PM
i didn't mean "clean" as in hygenical. i meant clean as in won't make you puke, etc. but i also understand the other part. i'm not going to have any more discussion on this here, though i have some interest in the laws of kosher, because this is very much the wrong forum for it.

RollaJ
08-15-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because this is very much the wrong forum for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna take it over to the mid-high stakes NL section? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

plaster8
08-16-2005, 02:18 AM
I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Oberto beef jerky yet.

Two big bags, $10.99. I can't set foot in Costco without buying jerky. Or a hot dog, just like everyone else.

sfer, I don't know how you can eat TWO of those dogs. I'm stuffed after eating just one of them.

ChipWrecked
08-16-2005, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What's Burning Man?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn Hippie Will Burn Giant Clock at Burning Man (http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/localnews/ci_2943542)

ethan
08-16-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Oberto beef jerky yet.

Two big bags, $10.99.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could just go to Oberto's website (http://store.obertofactorystore.com/), where that same $10 will get you 2.5lb of jerky (look under "factory ends and pieces") instead of the 8oz you'd get at Costco. You have to pay shipping, but if you just order over $75 (19 pounds of jerky ends, 25 pounds of shredded jerky, or 38 pounds of slim-jim-esque sausage) they'll waive those charges /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
frozen mozzarella sticks

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot these. Very good.

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To get them that cheap, you have to be buying some seriously low quality meat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. They're hot dogs. What do you think they put in hot dogs?

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They're Hebrew Nationals...Kosher is about as good and clean as a hotdog can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those things are nasty. They're way salty.

ChipWrecked
08-16-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To get them that cheap, you have to be buying some seriously low quality meat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. They're hot dogs. What do you think they put in hot dogs?

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is lips and anus's, but I could be misinformed.

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 09:07 AM
[quoteThe Costco Dogs are a great deal. I am talking about buying an entire pack of hotdogs for $.81 (1/2 of $1.62). To get them that cheap, you have to be buying some seriously low quality meat.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I lived in San Diego, my roommate and I used to buy packs of hot dogs onsale at the supermarket for like $.40 apiece. Whenj they went onsale, we'd buy like 10 packs of them and freeze them.

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My understanding is lips and anus's, but I could be misinformed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that's correct. Apparently some lips and anuses are better than others. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

benza13
08-16-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a hotdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how no one called you on this yet, but dates, to Costco??? This is an ex-gf now, right?

offTopic
08-16-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a hotdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how no one called you on this yet, but dates, to Costco??? This is an ex-gf now, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno - you get some good food, it's air-conditioned, and you can watch TV on a giant flatscreen while sitting on a comfy sofa. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno - you get some good food, it's air-conditioned, and you can watch TV on a giant flatscreen while sitting on a comfy sofa. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They have beer. It's kinda like a nice sports lounge.