PDA

View Full Version : best pay service to download mp3

JaBlue
08-15-2005, 03:32 PM
If you are a person that pays for mp3s, you should check out www.allofmp3.com (http://www.allofmp3.com) I'm not affiliated with them.

A few friends told me about the service so I checked it out and its MUCH cheaper than iTunes or any of the others. It works and nobody has had problems (including myself). The download speed is 30kb/s+ so its not incredibly fast, but paying < 20c per song vs. iTunes 1.00$ per song is pretty awesome.

Enjoy

jnalpak
08-15-2005, 03:34 PM
whats the qualtiy of the KBS after downloading a song?

JaBlue
08-15-2005, 03:36 PM
you can choose 192 or 320. For a typical 192 kbs album you might pay 2$ and for a 320 you will pay 3$

Tron
08-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Yes, but realize that by paying only a third of the price you are also only paying for a third of the legality.

astroglide
08-15-2005, 03:47 PM
it's a russian site that exists because their copyright law says that you can replay "phonographs" in public or something without paying the copyright holder. enjoy this if you want, but do know that the reason this is cheaper is because the artists are not being normally compensated. they haven't sought approval from the artists/labels to actually sell their music.

www.listen.com (http://www.listen.com) is like $8 per month and has unlimited, legal streaming. you can download tracks for free offline play too, but they are protected and i think they can't be transferred to mp3 players without buying them. i bought a dlink wireless media station that will play mp3s/movies from your pc, show pics from your pc, but most importantly it will stream rhapsody through your stereo system and works using your tv and a remote control. so now i basically have no reason to buy cds.

JaBlue
08-15-2005, 03:48 PM
its legal but not necessarily ethical (see astroglide's post)

ThaSaltCracka
08-15-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]its not legal in the U.S.

JaBlue
08-15-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]its not legal in the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure?

I am pretty sure it is legal. I think its similar to gambling online (sorry to mention this in OOT) - you can do it if the site is established in bermuda or by native americans because they aren't subject to the same rules.

MrTrik
08-15-2005, 05:04 PM
You should do a little reading. Your ignorance shows you aren't currently educating yourself whatsoever.