PDA

View Full Version : Preflop Quandry w/ 44

zepmetal
08-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I posted this this morning, but it got no response. This is a real thinker for me. I don't know what the best move is, and any advice/thoughts woulfd be very appreciated.

30+3 single table on UB. I'm button with T5050, BB is short stacked with T950, SB has T9900. BB T150.

I raise to T450 with 44. I'd been fairly aggro (been making moves as the blinds got bigger, they must know it, havent been caught in any dirty situations yet), SB calls, BB pushes. SB has been kinda wild, and has been very aggressive on the flop. He has been kinda weak PF (limping alot late in the tourny). Hes not a tight player and I don't think hes terribly good.

Call, push or raise to ~T2500? Is folding and hoping SB wins a rediculous idea? I wish i could give a reasonable range for SBs holdings, but I really cant. He would have thrown away total crap, but I can't say how he would play any premium hands. Any two broadway, any pair, and maybe less are all possible.

Isura
08-15-2005, 03:58 PM
I replied to your original post. BTW, just bump the original post next time instead of creating a new one.