PDA

View Full Version : Break Even Points for Top Hold Cards

08-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Can anyone tell us how to get or where we can get or what are, the break even points for the top hold cards. I'm talking about low limit holdem. Yes, I said "hold cards" - not post flop hands.

Like when you figure the break even ratio after the flop to compare with the pot odds to help decide if a play is likely to be profitable or not.

Are these points likely to correspond to the expected values of the hold cards? Why not?

brick
08-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Maybe you should spend a few months reading the forums, playing miro-limits, reading books, and tracking your results, before asking complicated questions.

Anyway, this is probably not what you are asking for, but here's a link that has the EV of starting hands pre-flop.

http://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/games/evstats/expValue

08-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Sorry if you felt embarrassed after reading the question. If you can't answer it then I can understand that.

Grisgra
08-15-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I said "hold cards"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you did, which is why I'm laughing.

jstewsmole
08-15-2005, 03:47 PM
WTF are hold cards?

I know that these forums are sometimes under fire for lack of content, but when uve been stuck for the last two weeks the comic relief can be just as therapeutic as studyng the SS forum.

EStreet20
08-15-2005, 03:53 PM
First tip, they're called "hole cards". Second tip, SSHE has great starting hand charts, as well as a break even pot odds chart.

Good luck,
Matt

Guthrie
08-15-2005, 05:49 PM
I always hold back the jokers when I deal hold 'em, so I guess the expected value of the hold cards would be 0.00%. Yes I said jokers.