PDA

View Full Version : World History Book

RacersEdge
08-15-2005, 02:36 PM
One of my worst subjects, so I want a good book on it. Nothing very political or philosophical - just a good account of the history of the world.

I heard of a book with a title something like "Men, Machines, and Money" that was such a book - the title could be way off, but I'm pretty sure "machines" was in the title. A search on Amazon didn't give me anything.

Besides that one, can anyone recommend a decent book?

James Boston
08-15-2005, 02:41 PM
http://movies.nnov.ru/Covers/History%20of%20the%20World.%20Part%20I.jpg

imported_anacardo
08-15-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of my worst subjects, so I want a good book on it. Nothing very political or philosophical - just a good account of the history of the world.

I heard of a book with a title something like "Men, Machines, and Money" that was such a book - the title could be way off, but I'm pretty sure "machines" was in the title. A search on Amazon didn't give me anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you mean Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel."

This is not a "history" book per se, but more of a meta-history - an outline of the initial environmental conditions that gave some regions a big advantage over others. I recommend it unreservedly.

RacersEdge
08-15-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you mean Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel."

This is not a "history" book per se, but more of a meta-history - an outline of the initial environmental conditions that gave some regions a big advantage over others. I recommend it unreservedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - that's it. You the man.

TheIrishThug
08-15-2005, 03:17 PM
i used this book for my world history class fall. and when i say i used i mean my teacher used and i stopped reading it after the 1st ch. not bad from what i read just history isn't my thing and u could easily get thru the class by just taking notes in class.