PDA

View Full Version : Converting wav files to mp3 directly from the hard drive

ripdog
03-28-2003, 02:14 PM
We just put a new deck in my wife's car that is capable of playing mp3's. We figured out how to convert wav files to mp3 directly from a CD, but we can't find a way to get the wav files that are on our hard drive converted over to mp3 (without burning them to CD first). Any ideas? We're using Adaptec 4 software.

JTG51
03-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Get yourself a copy of MusicMatch Jukebox. You can do all kinds of converstions with it. You can also use it to burn your CDs, rip CDs to mp3s, and play music. I really like it.

I'm pretty sure you can download a free version, but to get all the features you need to buy the full version. If I remember correctly, it's only $20 or so. Well worth the money, in my opinion.

Rick Nebiolo
03-28-2003, 04:08 PM
I love MusicMatch and have never had a problem with it. I bought the full version several years ago and it is about the best $20 I ever spent.

I also like the DFX sound enhancement available on their site. I think there is a free trial and it costs about $10.

~ Rick

JTG51
03-28-2003, 04:45 PM
...it is about the best $20 I ever spent.

Agreed. I've literally ripped a thousand CDs to mp3s in the last couple of years using MusicMatch. I've never had a problem.

I've never heard of the DFX sound enhancement, I'll have to investigate.

ripdog
03-31-2003, 01:19 PM
Thanks guys. I'll definitely look into it. I believe that we already have the free version of music match and couldn't find a way to convert from the hard drive--we have about 15 gigs on the HD now and don't want to have to burn them all to CD before we can convert them to mp3. Sounds like a ringing endorsement of Musicmatch.