PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 10's Too Aggressive?

Havok
08-15-2005, 02:04 PM
$10 Poker Room SNG Blinds 50/100

5 players left

MP1 3,800 Been playing very conservative, bets are what they mean

Hero CO 4,800 and chip leader. Been very aggresive. Knocked two players out recently, because I changed gears and they didn't believe I had it.

Everyone folds to villian who raises to 2.5BB

Hero 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif comes over the top and raises to 5BB.

Villian calls reluctantly.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villian Checks:

Hero Pushes

Was this a bad play or a good one? I would appreciate everyone's comments, then I'll post the results.

HighestCard
08-15-2005, 02:10 PM
This is pretty stupid. First of all your chip leader, you dont need to make moves like this to stay in the game (sit back and let the donks knock each other out). Second, your toying with somebody that can destroy your stack down to the 10x bb level which you dont want. Third, min raising is stupid, your giving him the odds to out draw you easily. Fourth, your only going to get called post flop here by hands that dominate you.

45suited
08-15-2005, 02:11 PM
I don't know the starting stack sizes on Poker Room, but I'm assuming that you two were the massive chipleaders.

If so, I hate the way you played the hand. I would just call with TT and once two overs came on the flop, I'm trying to play the hand as cheaply as possible.

You read him as tight, he obviously has something. If he was raising with a mid PP, then your bet was total overkill. If you must bet here, a much smaller bet would accomplish the same thing if he has 88 or something like that.

But to make the play that you made against the other chipleader is pure folly to me.

And what does "villain calls reluctantly" mean??? Maybe he was multi-tabling, maybe he was taking a leak for crying out loud. FPS!!!

illegit
08-15-2005, 02:12 PM
I either just call PF, or make a more significant re-raise and force him to define his hand in doing so. If he's tight and has a lot of chips, which he does I'd be more inclined to just call. Flop push is very dangerous, and pretty pointless and I don't like it. Just make a continuation bet of 1/2 the pot and see what happens.

DVC Calif
08-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Preflop: Smooth call and play for set value. If you want to act "bigger", repop to 9bbs. (That little minraise is terrible). Don't be fooled by that "reluctant" call. He could be slowrolling a monster if he has been playing conservative.

Flop: If checked to you, a continuation bet of t750 sounds about right. If villain reraises, you're done with the hand. If he calls and you don't improve, you're checkfolding the rest of the hand. Pushing only says you want to end the hand right now and is only called by hands that will beat you.

What'd he have?...KQs?

Havok
08-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Your right. I really hated my play here. I was experimenting, and still feel my move was donkish. I had just recently knocked out two people by setting them up. I went all in, they called and I had them on both occasions. The last was just two hands ago. This guy must have been multitabling, or not paying attention. Online poker I swear. I should have known. The only move I try to make. He thinks it over and calls with ace/queen. No ten comes, and I'm down to being the short stack. Just wanted to confirm this was a bad play, and see if anyone saw any Folding equity in this play on villians part. Does anyone think if he was paying attention the last couple of hands I played that he would have folded. I could have had ace/king for god's sake. Crazy online calling stations. What am I complaining for, that's how I got my chip lead in the first place. Bluffing online? Rarely done or succesfull?