PDA

View Full Version : Turn , Huge Draw

Gustavo
08-15-2005, 01:43 PM
at the turn i paused to think , and tought my options.

1st i know all my outs are clean

ºCheck Raise Allin, i always have a hard time doing it on this small pot, because i always feel that the pot isnt big enough to CRA be any usefull, but after some thinking maybe its the best option can anyone help me work out what % does he have to fold to make this a ev+ move.

º Reraise 6\4 of the pot , still has some good fold equity, and Top pair good kicker can easily fold here , but then whats the plan if he calls i miss the river , i feel he will be pot commited , and allining in theriver wont do the trick.

º Call, the most weak and easy to play in my opinion.

Help me sort this out, this small pots with huge draws always been a bit of a trouble

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($99.80)
Button ($123.30)
SB ($98)
Hero ($84.55)
UTG ($45.55)
UTG+1 ($41.95)
MP1 ($68.45)
MP2 ($30.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($4) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $6</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $6, UTG+1 calls $3.

Turn: ($22) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $12</font>, Hero calls $12, UTG+1 folds.

River: ($46) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: $46

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 2d 3d (high card, queen).
MP1 has Qc Ah (one pair, queens).
Outcome: MP1 wins $46. </font>

flopking
08-15-2005, 02:23 PM
calling 6 dollars cold in the BB is a bad idea even if you are getting decent pot odds.

you have an open ended going into an unraised pot pf... MP is basically signaling - solid hand here, and you have no idea what UTG will do after you call...

IF you want to play this hand bet the flop, 2/3 or 3/4 or pot size, call a miniraise and bet harder on the turn when the diamond peels off...

MP may put you on bottom 2-pr or something weird that hit you just right...

Gustavo
08-15-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
calling 6 dollars cold in the BB is a bad idea even if you are getting decent pot odds.

you have an open ended going into an unraised pot pf... MP is basically signaling - solid hand here, and you have no idea what UTG will do after you call...

IF you want to play this hand bet the flop, 2/3 or 3/4 or pot size, call a miniraise and bet harder on the turn when the diamond peels off...

MP may put you on bottom 2-pr or something weird that hit you just right...

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree with you , dont have time to elaborate now, ill answer it later.

flopking
08-15-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Disagree with you , dont have time to elaborate now, ill answer it later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you invested $18 to win a potential pot of $48... since you are OOP, if you hit one of your 15 outs need to get MP to call a bet of $12 or greater on the river to make it "worth it" from a pure pot odds standpoint...

Every player is different, but no way I call a open/re-raise cold with only an open ended OOP..., if you flopped an open-ended with 4 to a flush, then of course, you want to build a nice pot...

swolfe
08-15-2005, 04:20 PM
yuck. fold the flop, you have the ass-end of the lowest possible OESD. how do you know UTG+1 didn't limp in with 76s? you'd have been in a world of hurt if he had check-raised instead of folding on the turn after you called another $12...