PDA

View Full Version : 1st hand-4 allin after seeing flop

08-15-2005, 01:32 PM
5+.5 sng -I can't remember the details (had been drinking and probably shouldn't have played)

Basically, I was last to act and had 3 people all in in front of me on the first hand of the tourny. I held Ax suited with two of my suits hitting on the flop.

The hand was unraised PF
Should I have called?

TheNoodleMan
08-15-2005, 01:50 PM
well, fom a strictly pot odds standpoint, you are going to make your flush a little better than one in 3, and you are getting better than 3 to one on your call.
Its a high risk / high reward play, but since your drunk (and therefore not as likely to outplay them later), you might as well go for it.

DemonDeac
08-15-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but since your drunk you might as well go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

37offsuit
08-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Call. Twice on Sunday. Not just because you're drunk, either. If you lose, pop open another one (either beer or $5 SNG), if you win enjoy your 4 to 1 stack for the rest of this one.

Ixnert
08-15-2005, 02:37 PM
I'd even call this one sober, if I somehow managed to be in the pot with ace-little once the flop came.

And hey, it's a $5, there's a not-insignificant chance the aces are outs. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

citanul
08-15-2005, 02:37 PM
does no one want to even consider that some of his flush cards might be dead and that another player could have a hand like a set?

37offsuit
08-15-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5+.5 sng

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's possible that he's up against two flush draws and and a set, but it's equally possible that he's against an over pair to the board, A9 of some random suit and the original push with a pair of 3's.

Myst
08-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Call, because if you are going to get 1st place more than 25% of the time.

08-16-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5+.5 sng

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's possible that he's up against two flush draws and and a set, but it's equally possible that he's against an over pair to the board, A9 of some random suit and the original push with a pair of 3's.

[/ QUOTE ]

When calling, I figured I would be up against at least one set, but when we went to showdown I was up against 2 over pairs (why neither did any raising PF, who knows) and some other trash hand. So like someone above said, aces were actually outs for me too. None hit and I was out, but it was only a 5+.5. I think I like the call, drunk or not.

Anyone else? Thanks for the comments.