PDA

View Full Version : Continuing with a semibluff on a scare card

jason_t
08-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: I am BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $3. MP posts a blind of $3.
UTG (poster) checks, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, I check.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>....

sammy_g
08-15-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure this is really a scare card. You checked in the big blind, so your opponent probably won't give you credit for an ace. I'm not sure what hand you are representing.

Probably in a 4 handed pot I just check the flop. Not likely you will buy it. The flop is ragged, but with so many people posting, it might have actually hit someone.

donger
08-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I think a bet on this flop against 2 posters and a LP limper takes down this pot like, never.

That said, I guess you're hoping that MP made a loose peel with some kind of GS or OCs and will now fold? You didn't raise preflop, so it doesn't look like the A made your hand. If he made the typical 'i-need-to-pair-my-ace' peel, you're now fuxxed. I would probably fire again here if I ended up up this creek, but i'm giving up on the river if called on the turn.

I think he folds the turn MAYBE 1 time in 4, so i think it's pretty close.

ZZZ
08-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Flop bet OK, turn bet automatic. There's some serious fold equity from hands that were overcards on the flop.

To the people with low WTSD - do you bet this turn? Following through on your semibluffs like this will increase your WTSD.

ZZZ

college_boy
08-15-2005, 01:25 PM
If i'm semibluffing here I prefer a c/r. You get to see the action and represent a stronger hand. If there's a bet and a call you can fold. If it gets checked to the button who then bets you can c/r and feel good about it. As you played it I think betting the turn is good.

sammy_g
08-15-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To the people with low WTSD - do you bet this turn? Following through on your semibluffs like this will increase your WTSD.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I bet the flop, I bet the turn. But I don't bet the flop.

kurosh
08-15-2005, 01:36 PM
I don't bet the flop. I expect your bet to be raised a good portion of the time, but you have to follow through I think. The ace is NOT a good card.

Ignore me. I haven't slept.

MisterKing
08-15-2005, 01:36 PM
IMO, poorly played on flop and turn. You are thinking too hard, and the FPS stuff doesn't deter the calling stations at 3/6. They don't care if you're "representing an Ace," since they aren't even thinking about what you have for the most part. They see that they have some piece of the board, and they call. And then they call some more. The few opponents that *are* thinking will say "he didn't raise PF, he bet a non-ace flop, so I doubt he has an ace." I wonder what MP bought with the $9 you donated to him?

donger
08-15-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what MP bought with the $9 you donated to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably 'bought' a preflop cold call + flop peel. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Those are popular around these parts.