PDA

View Full Version : Poolhall Junkies

codewarrior
08-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Lame story line. Lame characters. That said, there are some great lines. 90 minutes of fun. It's the Rounders of pool.

Codewarrior gives it a thumbs up.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/QuantumDot/l_1707220.jpg

Nathan183
08-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Completely agree. It's one of my favourite "lesser-known" movies. I believe I bought it for no other reason but the fact that Walken was in it, which has been a pretty successful buying strategy for me so far.

[ QUOTE ]
"You watch those nature documentaries on the cable? You see the one about lions? You got this lion. He's the king of the jungle, huge mane out to here. He's laying under a tree, in the middle of Africa. He's so big, it's so hot. He doesn't want to move. Now the little lions come, they start messing with him. Biting his tail, biting his ears. He doesn't do anything. The lioness, she starts messing with him. Coming over, making trouble. Still nothing. Now the other animals, they notice this. They start to move in. The jackals; hyenas. They're barking at him, laughing at him. They nip his toes, and eat the food that's in his domain. They do this, then they get closer and closer, bolder and bolder. Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the [censored] out of everybody. Runs like the wind, eats everything in his path. Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he is."

[/ QUOTE ]

Jersey Nick
08-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Disclaimer: I would probably pay $15 for a movie with a cast of complete unknowns playing pool. Even though there are no surprises, no brilliant performances, some lame sub-plot (and mail plot) elements, this flick still has some redeeming qualities. It has a good Walken monologue, a greazey Palminteri bad guy, a Mike "the Tennesee Tarzan" Massey cameo, and it was Rod Steiger's last picture. I chalk it up under "guilty pleasure".

asofel
08-15-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: I would probably pay $15 for a movie with a cast of complete unknowns playing pool. Even though there are no surprises, no brilliant performances, some lame sub-plot (and mail plot) elements, this flick still has some redeeming qualities. It has a good Walken monologue, a greazey Palminteri bad guy, a Mike "the Tennesee Tarzan" Massey cameo, and it was Rod Steiger's last picture. I chalk it up under "guilty pleasure".

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. Fun, don't admit to it though, and you're good.

Speaking of pool, I might have mentioned this once before, but if you play do yourself a favor and check out "banking with the beard". Great stuff and there's a one-pocket runout by bugs rucker that will leave you shaking your head. (8 banks in a row for the win)

lucas9000
08-15-2005, 01:19 PM
can't be all bad with chazz and walken in it.

gvibes
08-15-2005, 01:59 PM
This movie makes Rounders look like 8 1/2.

tdarko
08-15-2005, 02:40 PM
i still occasionally pull the shot to drink hustle from this movie when out at the bars.

asofel
08-15-2005, 02:47 PM
i've thought about it before but never really pulled it off. what's the general reaction? people pay up? get pissed?

HDPM
08-15-2005, 02:47 PM
hey, this post looks familiar. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jersey Nick
08-15-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Deja vu all over again... Looks like Asofel took your advice (http://tinyurl.com/bytgp) on Freddie's book. I still haven't had a chance to pick it up, but it's on my list. We really do need a 2+2 billy-ards donkfest.

tdarko
08-15-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've thought about it before but never really pulled it off. what's the general reaction? people pay up? get pissed?

[/ QUOTE ]
usually pissed off which is why the only time i had the courage to do it was when i was ALREADY hammered. one time a guy threw my pint glass and smashed it against the wall when he realized he was taken, then got up and started screaming at me. this is when the bouncers came, whew /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

scotty34
08-15-2005, 03:21 PM
"Did you know that the average penis size is 6.4 inches, and that the average vaginal canal is 7.9 inches. Therefore in this country there is over 17,000 miles of unused virgin pussy out there."

asofel
08-15-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Deja vu all over again... Looks like Asofel took your advice (http://tinyurl.com/bytgp) on Freddie's book. I still haven't had a chance to pick it up, but it's on my list. We really do need a 2+2 billy-ards donkfest.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, well then, i'll just blame that on the ridiculous amounts of drinking that happened at my friends wedding this weekend....

and yes, we should definitely get a pool game going sometime. Anyone here in the VA/DC/MD area?