PDA

View Full Version : 3 handed, large stack distribution

zepmetal
08-15-2005, 12:10 PM
30+3 on UB, I'm button with 44, BB is short stacked with T1050, I have T5050, SB has T8900. SB has been kinda wild. BB T150. I raise to T450, SB calls, BB pushes. Call, push or reraise to half my stack? SB is a player much more likely to call a raise than to put one in himself. I initially felt i had him with a pair (does this contadict my previous sentence?), but I cant be confident about what line he would take with any higher pair. Sb has been kinda weak PF (limping alot late in the tourny), but v. aggro in the flop. Hes not a tight player. Betting pot nearly whenever its checked to him, occasionally huge (3x pot) bets.

Isura
08-15-2005, 03:35 PM
I think you have to fold, with SB still to act. If he's sensible, I might call and try to check down the hand, but given your read you can't be too confident of that. And calling opens up the chance that SB will come over the top and force you to fold anwyas. Also, why raise so much preflop, in a 3-handed game? I make it 300-375, but I'm a minraising fool who likes to play flops in these deeper stacked situations. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif