PDA

View Full Version : Correct Play or Wimped Out?

banditdad
08-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I knew I was ahead on the turn against this particular player. He will raise and reraise with 4 card flush draw and set. I did not raise the flop because it is pointless against the BB, any piece and he will call or raise to the river. I don't have a clue what the SB was doing in this hand other than feeding the pot and hoping to hit his draw.

I feared a suckout on the river with someone holding QKA. Was I correct to just check or should I have bet out?

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1. MP posts a blind of $1.
Hero (poster) checks, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (16.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

spydog
08-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Don't post UTG. If you do, raise preflop.

Bet the river and fold to a raise.

wackjob
08-15-2005, 11:59 AM
What he said. WTF are you limping J5s UTG?

Haupt_234
08-15-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did not raise the flop because it is pointless against the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you raise?

Tough river decision. If the BB is tricky enough to go for a river checkraise, then I check through as well. If he isn't, I bet. Without a read on the SB, I don't think he should change your river line.

Haupt_234

banditdad
08-15-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What he said. WTF are you limping J5s UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

1st. hand. I didn't limp. I posted. I usually do when I first sit down regardless of position. Besides that wasn't my question.

w_alloy
08-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Besides posting UTG (which is a very substantial mistake) I like how you played this. Given the turn action I think one of them has a higher spade a good percentage of the time, although from the title of this post I'm guessing you were good.

wackjob
08-16-2005, 01:53 AM
Why do you post w/o waiting for BB? This is huge -EV.. almost as bad as a straddle playing live IMO.