PDA

View Full Version : 22s: Weak AK line on level 2?

Jackrabbit Slim
08-15-2005, 08:33 AM
I pretty much insta-folded this one on the flop, but that might be too weak? When someone calls the raise preflop and then bets into two others on the flop I'm pretty sure I'm trailing and might very well be reverse dominated here, right?

Btw, I knew I had seen one of the players at the table before (StnColdCall was his name). When I pushed after a raise on lvl 6 and you folded AK I had 88 so yes, you probably should have played there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1450)
BB (t785)
UTG (t715)
UTG+1 (t775)
MP1 (t1260)
MP2 (t835)
CO (t1485)
Hero (t695)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t70, MP1 calls t70.

Flop: (t315) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t125</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t440

tigerite
08-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Nah, standard. You have nothing. StneColdCall = ilya.

BadBatsuMaru
08-15-2005, 09:14 AM
This is the standard answer that you should be used to by now: What are your reads? How has BB been playing? He's picked up a pot or two by now, even though it's only LV2.

I don't understand how this is even a question, though. What are your other options? You raise to 100, so you're down to 595. BB is betting 125 into a pot of 315. You have to have a strong sense that BB is a very aggressive player who will call a big bet with nothing then take a shot into the pre-flop raiser with absolutely nothing. If that's what you really think then take it back from him, but you'll have to come over the top for at least half your stack, so you better be sure.

Even if you think he is a maniac, just what kind of hand can you possibly put him on that doesn't beat you? With that board, your hand is only 47.66% vs. a totally random hand. Any hand that actually hit the board is a big favorite, and any hand with a T is a coin flip.

Jackrabbit Slim
08-15-2005, 09:33 AM
BB actually hasn't played a single hand yet. The extra chips comes from everyone folding to his big blind on level 1.

I guess the only reason I'm really asking is because I'm just coming back to SnG's after playing limit for a while and I've gotten used to hanging on to my AK a little while longer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll try to find some more interesting hands in the future.

BadMongo
08-15-2005, 11:22 AM
This is pretty standard. If the bettor has been reasonably tight and is betting into a multiway pot, he definately has something that beats your A-high. Good fold.