PDA

View Full Version : it's a small world, after all...

mikech
08-15-2005, 06:25 AM
first, a bit of background to make the story easier to tell.

joe: a buddy of mine from way back, we went to h.s. together in queens.

danny: a friend of joe's from grad school in ny, i've known him a few years.

dave: a friend of danny's from seattle who's in town to hang out, this is the first time joe and i have met him.

ok, so we're out in the east village, and we're about to go into some middle-eastern restaurant for dinner, when suddenly a girl who's on a payphone right outside the restaurant calls out, "joe?"

joe turns to look at her, but before he can say anything, dave says, "cheryl?"

now the girl sees dave, and there's a hint of recognition in her eyes, but she's unable to place him...so she says, "hey...how do i know you?"

dave replies, "are you sure you want me to say?"

i stifled my laugh and continued on into the restaurant.

turns out, joe went to stanford with this girl. at some point after college she met and slept with dave. years later, joe and dave happen to have a mutual friend, danny, and a couple hours after first meeting each other, they run into a girl whom they independently knew years ago from the opposite coast, here on the streets of ny.

coincidences (or whatever they are) like these actually seem to happen pretty often. i think it's weird, but my math isn't that great. maybe it's not very statistically odd at all, i dunno.

TheCroShow
08-15-2005, 10:33 AM
mike?

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mike?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice

djj6835
08-15-2005, 02:27 PM
That is pretty strange when things like that happen.

On a slightly related note, I recently went to Windsor for the third time, and for the third time I saw at least two people that I went to high school with while up there. I went to high school in Ohio and currently go to college in Ohio. I've also seen people that I go to college with on two occasions, but not the most recent trip. Really strange

EliteNinja
08-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Holy crap.
That's crazy, Mike.

shant
08-15-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mike?

[/ QUOTE ]
724 posts and you finally said something funny. Awesome.

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Why is shant purple?

ChipWrecked
08-16-2005, 08:58 AM
He won Dynasty's 'OOT Logo' contest.

jakethebake
08-16-2005, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When was this? Where was I? Where is this logo?

ChipWrecked
08-16-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When was this? Where was I? Where is this logo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably looking for gum.

Linkage 4 U (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3132740&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)