PDA

View Full Version : Calling down HU...

setjes
08-15-2005, 05:28 AM
hand 1:

Villain is a 39/1.4/0.8 after 71 hands

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

Fold flop (feels so weak /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)? There aren't a lot of (worse) hands he will bet in this spot tough
Raise flop, take a free showdown?
Both options seem better than just calling down since there aren't lots of draws possible he would bet on the flop.

hand 2:

Villain is a 38/8/1.5 over 88 hands

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

I'm pretty sure I should have raised the flop here (fold to turn c/r I suppose?)

hand 3:

No stats on villain, but haven't seen him go out of line so far

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (8.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

So here I try something different. It looks a bit stupid now, cause I will only get a worse hand to fold with this play. I think it's better to do this when no A or K falls since a worse hand would be more inclined to call down. Still I don't think it's that bad, since I won't get 3bet here by a worse hand, so I can easily find a fold when that happens.
Again: just raise the flop?

spydog
08-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Hand 1: Raise the turn and take a free showdown. You might be able to get this opponent to lay down Tx. I would normally raise this flop, though, and fold to a 3-bet against this type of opponent.

Hand 2: Looks fine. If he's willing to bet a worse hand, let him. If he's betting a better hand, you lose the minimum. No sense in throwing in a raise, only to try and make a 'good fold' because it will cost the same as calling down.

Hand 3: I'd raise the flop and take it from there. Seeing that you called I would probably fold the turn against most reasonable opponents. Raising the turn is a decent plan when you think your opponent will fold TT-QQ, which is rare.

Megenoita
08-29-2005, 06:48 AM
Hand 1: I think I'm behind but in case he has 66-88, I raise flop, check through turn, and call the river bet (if he checks river, I bet). What do you think? You lose less this way, and I think you're behind most of the time here.

Hand 2: I am not sure if your line is better than raising the flop. I would raise the flop, and if the turn comes A/K, I check through, and if it comes a lower card, I bet again, also depends on how I feel about villain in this particular hand. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than what you are doing here.

Hand 3: You 3-bet PF, raise the flop (?). Push your edge and take initiative in the hand IMO.